North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals to fill the position below:
Job Title: STTA Graphic Designer
- The consultant (graphic designer) will provide technical assistance for the design and development of a wide-range of communication and outreach materials in compliance with the international development organization’s marking and branding plan.
- The consultant will provide ongoing services, as needed, for a period not to exceed 30 total days spread over 6 months.
Reporting & Supervision
- The Graphic Designer will report to the Chief of Party; s/he will work most directly with the Reporting Officer and other field team members as necessary.
- Design standardized templates for organizational logo, letterhead, business cards, presentations, newsletters, brochures, banners, posters, training manuals, plaques and any other communication and outreach materials.
- Provide guidance to and training for the Reporting Officer, and other team members as identified, in the use of graphic design software (Corel Draw, Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, etc.).
- Conceptualize, create and contextualize graphic designs that communicate complex ideas, in various languages (English, Pigeon English, Fulani, Hausa, Kanuri) effectively across varied audiences, including literacy-challenged individuals.
- Work with the Reporting Officer to ensure compliance with and adherence to the organization’s approved marking and branding plan across all designs and templates created.
- Any other duties, commensurate with ability, necessary to fulfill responsibilities of the consultancy.
- Work with project field teams to create engaging and visually aesthetic designs for marking and branding activities.
- In coordination with the Reporting Officer, liaise with third party printers to ensure adherence to specified requirements and supervise printing of communication materials to ensure adherence to quality standards.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Commercial Art, Fine Arts, Art History, Visual/Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or other closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in graphic design and/or desktop publishing with a large and diverse portfolio of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships is essential.
- Ability and willingness to coach, mentor and train others in all of the aforementioned areas.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Must reside in Abuja to ensure availability within a short notice period during the duration of the contract.
- Advanced skills in desktop publishing applications including, but not limited to: Corel Draw, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and apply problem-solving skills, and provide technical supervision when necessary.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: [email protected]
- A cover letter; and
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your Cover letter and Resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 29th August, 2016.