The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
AUN, Yola, is seeking for suitable qualified candidate to fill the position below. This position is a local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Graphic Artist/Multimedia Design Specialist
Summary of Position
- The Graphic Artist/Multimedia Design Specialist is charged with the responsibility of producing infographics, creative and technical illustrations/graphics and visual materials for academic and marketing purposes.
- The duties shall include but not limited to working closely with the Communications & PR Office and with the technical team in the Communications and Multimedia Design Program to create and manipulate graphic images using graphic design software packages (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc.) within the AUN style guidelines.
- A good bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Fine Arts, Media Studies or related field from recognized tertiary institution
- Three to five years post NYSC experience in Graphic Design, preferably on multimedia infographics and/or technical illustration/graphics
- Self-motivated, organized, and accountable
- Ability to meet quick deadlines
- Strong experience of Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop
- Strong knowledge of Mac packages
- Ability to take direction and work with a team by taking constructive feedback and inputs and successfully implementing same into the final visual solution
- An every-day passion to design creative and compelling visual communication solutions
- Strong design portfolio
- Strong visual communicator with a sharp sense of design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow strict AUN brand guidelines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with careful attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities and deadlines
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to use Microsoft SharePoint
- Ability to use Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to use Microsoft Visio Pages
- Ability to use Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to use Adobe in Design
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Applicants should submit their resumes/CVs, cover letters and references to [email protected] The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.