RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services. Universities in North Carolina Founded RTI in 1958 as the first scientific organization in and centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International is implementing a USAID funded Leadership, Advocacy, Empowerment, and Development (LEAD) project in Nigeria, a project aim.ed at improving governance and service delivery at the local government level. This project ends 30th June 2016. The position is open to residents of Nigeria only.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Grants Manager
- The Grants Manager will manage a large grants program for the Local Governance Project.
- Development of the grants management program with the input and oversight of the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, and the RTI Office of Contracts.
- Oversees grants management process & subcontracts for local organizations, including grant proposal tracking, review and approval process.
- Provides technical assistance as required to build capacity of local partners & grantees.
- Reviews technical and financial proposals from local NGOs/CBOs, including negotiating annual budgets, and reviews grantee financial expenditure reports for accuracy and adherence to the SOW and budget.
- Maintains financial management tiles for grants and ensures audit trail for all necessary grant documentation.
- Ensures timely financial disbursements, compliance with grants financial management policies, monitors all grant expenses, and provides regular updates on grant status.
Required; Experience, Skills and Qualification
- Experience in an international non-profit organization.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in finance and grants management.
- Strong candidate will exhibit excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to work under difficult circumstances with limited resources, and ability to form productive relationships with local CSO counterparts and training institutions.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or equivalent designation with senior level financial experience. Advance degree at the Master’s level will be considered a plus.
- Strong government accounting experience as well as experience with USAID, DfID or other donor agency regulations highly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please email their cover letters and CV’s in reverse chronological order with position applied for as subject (including email and phone contact) to: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 10th October, 2015.