Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way.
We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Sales Representative
Ref No: 0184C
Locations: Kano, Kaduna, South East and South West
Main Purpose of the Job
- Create demand of Monsanto maize hybrid seeds brand- DEKALB and CP
- Work closely with the Monsanto’s technical team to expand hybrid seed usage to ensure sustainability and growth.
- Establish Demos, trials and conduct field days across the region for increased visibility of Monsanto products SE and CP
- It entails meeting business goals and working to achieve long term growth of the DEKALB range of products within small and large scale farming sectors in Nigeria, by being a key member of the sales team that will drive the growth of Monsanto’s business in Nigeria.
Specific role Responsibility
- Plans and conducts effective sales calls/visits with current and prospective customers
- Provide agronomic support & advice to the customers and prospects
- Actively contributes to analyze local market needs and suggest changes or improvements to distribution strategy and farmers segmentation.
- Maintains and develop relationship with the customers Full accountabilities of money collection from the customers on time and be proactive in early money collection.
- Contribute, implement and follow-up according to Monsanto’s guidance and compliance (Business conduct, FCPA, Pledge)
- Provide Monsanto with the necessary market intelligence required for the commercial success of our business.
- Coach farmers on product management to ensure they succeed
- Provide after-the-sale customer service that increases customer loyalty and the % of seed purchase from Monsanto.
- Plan and deliver presentations to customers and potential customers that help increase sales in sales area.
- Strategically plan activities to generate demand for available products. Research and understand the needs of the customer, and plan sales activities to increase sales and hybrid adoption.
- Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of products in the various segments and analyze market to understand opportunities that are available to increase seed usage
- Work with customer complaints to ensure they are resolved.
- Allocates and utilizes available resources to maximize return on short-term and long-term strategic plan for sales area.
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve a plan for sales area that increases customer engagement, market share, and profitability.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related field
- A masters degree will be an added advantage
- 4+ years’ sales/ account management experience, with at least 1 year in the agricultural industry.
- Results oriented
- Customer oriented
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Enjoys working in a team
- Able to work with autonomy and willing to travel intensively on business (80% of the time)
- Able to prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within a multi-cultural environment
- Good analytical skills
- Well organized and customer focused
- Should be able to prioritize multiple task and achieve set result
- Assertive and takes initiative to make things happen
- Good awareness and understanding in the management of Demo and trials according to set protocols
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences
- Valid driver’s license and experience
- Must be able to communicate in the language of assigned state
- Ability to use Microsoft packages( Excel, Power point, Access, Words) to write and interpret field reports.
- Good command of English language
- Ability to speak 2 major Nigerian languages including English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply