Diamond Enterprise – The Enterprise African Network is a key instrument in the AU’s strategy to boost growth and jobs. Bringing together close to 600 business support organisations from more than 50 countries, we help small companies seize the unparalleled business opportunities in the AU Single Market.
Our member organisations include chambers of commerce and industry, technology centres, research institutes and development agencies. Most of them have been supporting local businesses for a long time. They know their clients’ strengths and needs – and they know Africa.
Diamond Enterprise is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relations Officer
- Monitor public opinion about the organisation or particular issues;
- Advise management on policy issues and communication strategies;
- Plan public relations program including preparing cost budgets;
- Present arguments on behalf of the organisation (lobbying) to other organisations and special interest groups;
- Liaise with the public and respond to inquiries;
- Liaise with the media, i.e. respond to inquiries, arrange interviews with journalists, prepare and distribute news releases and make statements;
- Oversee production of visual (film or video) and audio electronic material, including managing an internet web site;
- Organize special events such as open days, visits, exhibitions and functions;
- Conduct internal communication courses, workshops and media training;
- Evaluate communication activities and recommend future actions.
- Write, edit and arrange production of print materials such as newsletters, house magazines, pamphlets and brochures;
- Assist in preparing organisational documents such as annual reports, corporate profiles and submissions;
- write speeches, prepare visual aids and make public presentations;
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of HND/University Degree in Public Relations or related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in same field.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Keyboard and computer skills
- Versatile in audio visuals
- Ability to speak an indigenous language in addition to English Language is of advantage
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- An interest in current affairs
Job Title: Welfare Officer
CAC Reg. No.: RC1077411
Experience and Knowledge
The Company Welfare Officer is expected to have knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of core and relevant legislation, such as the Labour and Employment Act.
- Basic knowledge of roles and responsibilities of local statutory agencies (social services and the police).
- The Welfare Officer should have full contact details for their local agencies.
Skills / Requirements
- Basic administration
- Basic advice and support provision
- Ability to provide information about local resources
- Ability to promote Company’s policy, procedures and resources
- Assist the Company to fulfill its responsibilities to safeguard staff and customers and to implement its Safe guarding Policy.
- To be the first point of contact for staff and customers where incidents or concerns of poor practice are identified.
- Implement the Company’s reporting and recording procedures.
- Maintain contact details for local services and police and the Area Committees.
- Sit on the Company’s management committee.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- Promote anti-discriminatory practice.
- Basic knowledge of and/or familiarity with the pertinent legislation and Government guidance relevant to this role
- Minimum of B.Sc.
- Any other qualifying exam regarding this field is an added advantage.
Job Title: Data Analyst
- A data analyst gathers, organizes, and assesses data from various resources in order to find useful information.
- Other tasks include using current economic or market conditions to project future trends and sometimes being involved in the research and development stage of a project.
- Monitor and collection of data for the purpose of analysis
- Send and receive bulk data on a daily basis from various locations
- Coordination and supervision of field workers across various locations to ensure the quality, accuracy and timeliness of data collection
- Identify inconsistencies, correct, exclude or highlight suspect data received
- Identify relevant / related trends,to do follow up analysis and prepare visual representation using maps for better decision making
- Maintaining the database of data received
- Provide prompt assistance in the recruitment of field workers when needed
- Provide weekly report on the status of the various data collected from various locations
- Convey complex and accurate information to team members
- A Degree in a numerate discipline such as Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or its equivalent
- Having a Master’s Degree and relevant work experience in operational research is an added advantage
- Ability to apply statistical methodology to complex data
- At least 2 years work experience
- Competency and Proficiency in using Microsoft excel and statistical software packages such as SAS or SPSS to perform advanced-data analysis
- Having unquestionable integrity, Self-Starter, energetic and result driven
- Strong analytical/ numerical skills, sound communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills, target driven and detail oriented
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team with changing priorities
- Willingness to travel occasionally at short notice
Job Title: Receptionist
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, Microsoft Office Skills, Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization, Informing Others, Handles Pressure, Phone Skills, Supply Management
- Minimum of OND in any related discipline
- 1 – 2 years’ experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Use of Microsoft office software and office management skills.
- Attentive to detail and highly organized
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to; [email protected]
Application Deadline 31st December, 2015.