Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (PIN) is a social enterprise that connects underserved Nigerian youth with Information and Communication Technology (ICT) opportunities. PIN piloted the Ajegunle.org capacity building program in 2007, and is now ready to extend the model to other locations across Nigeria. The current training program includes the ICT training, entrepreneurship training, Life Skills training, internship/job placements for the period following their training, and new businesses established by trainees. This expansion plan will help PIN reach – train, place in internships/jobs and help start businesses – youth in the new training locations.
PIN therefore requires the full-time services of 2 Program Officers to lead this PIN program expansion opportunity in North East and South East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Officer (DakataL.I.F.E.)
Location: Dakata, Kano
Reporting To: Program Manager
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the L.I.F.E program and events relevant to accomplishing the organization’s strategic goals and objectives, as well as establishing networks with external bodies
Roles and Responsibilities
- Policy and Administration
- Support with the identification and interpretation of program strategies and policies
- Assist in administering training for other support staff and team members
- Research and develop materials and reports that outlines the successful completion of programs
- Logging complaints and problems associated with running the programs effectively
- Supports the administrative team when the need arises
- Providing essential support services to the team on a regular basis
- Provide regular updates of all planning processes, practices and program methodology
- Collect and collate all reports of completed programs and events
- Community Relations
- Identifying, developing and promoting partnerships with other external organizations
- Providing the communities with relevant information about the organization’s programs and events
- Attend corporate functions in order to build the organization’s network
- Resource Control and Financial Management
- Effective management of tools and resources for program implementation
- Keep records of all financial transactions associated with program processes and completion
- Ensure proper management of all budgetary allocations for program management
- Programs Planning and Implementation
- Impact the organization’s output by developing and interpreting initiatives and new trends of program development
- Render advisory services to the program manager or when required on matters of program planning, implementation, development and sustainability
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Degree in any field of management from a tertiary institution or equivalent experience
- Experience in managing programs and events
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role
- Only applicants who have completed the mandatory 1 year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) will be shortlisted.
- Interested candidates must live in Kano as the organization will not bear the cost of travel or relocation expenses related to this job application.
- Vast knowledge and understanding of program planning, analysis, implementation and development
- Experience in program design
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
Key Results Areas:
- Timely completion of programs
- Working collaboratively with the team to ensure effective use of resources
- Designing and implementing programs and events
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letters and CV’s to: [email protected] stating “Program Officer (DakataL.I.F.E.)” in the subject line.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Application Deadline 1st February 2016