Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (PIN) is a social enterprise that connects underserved Nigerian youth with Information and Communication Technology (ICT) opportunities.
PIN piloted the Ajegunle.org capacity building program in 2007, and is now ready to extend the model to other locations across Nigeria. The current training program includes the ICT training, entrepreneurship training, Life Skills training, internship/job placements for the period following their training, and new businesses established by trainees. This expansion plan will help PIN reach – train, place in internships/jobs and help start businesses – youth in the new training locations.
PIN is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant (Dakata L.I.F.E.)
Location: Dakata, Kano
Reporting To: Program Officer
- Provides essential support services in developing, managing, monitoring and reviewing programs, events and trainings
Roles and Responsibilities
- Policy and Administration
- Assist the team with the identification and interpretation of program strategies and policies
- Researching and developing materials and reports
- Collaborate with other team members where needed to execute projects
- Assist in the preparation of files and documents for the smooth running of programs
- Provide essential support services to the team on a regular basis
- Research and provide regular updates on all program practices and methodology
- Draft reports of all programs and planning processes
- Community Relations
- Assist in promoting partnerships with other external organizations
- Provide the communities with relevant information about the organization’s programs and events
- Identifying and logging problems associated with the smooth running of programs
- Offers administrative support as required by the project
- Liaison with the program team to actively participate in corporate functions
- Resource Control and Financial Management
- Effective management of tools and resources for programs planning and development
- Ensure that all financial data associated with programs are recorded and documented
- Programs Planning and Implementation
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Degree in any field of management from a tertiary institution or equivalent experience
- Good understanding and commitment to volunteering services
- Understanding of project planning, processes, implementation and development
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role
Key Results Areas:
- Timely completion of tasks and assignments
- Working collaboratively with the team to ensure smooth running and completion of programs
- Identifying and developing programs and events that aligns with organizational policies
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s to: [email protected] with “Program Assistant (DakataL.I.F.E.)” in the subject line.
- Only applicants who have completed the mandatory 1 year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) will be shortlisted.
- Interested candidates must live in Kano as the organization will not bear the cost of travel or relocation expenses related to this job application.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Application Deadline 12:00pm; Monday, 1st February, 2016.