MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
At MainOne, great ideas and thoughts find a way of becoming great products, services that turn to great customer experiences. We are perfectionists, idealists and pioneers of great products and services forever thinking of better.
We have corporate offices from Nigeria to Ghana to Portugal. International and home opportunities are available.
MainOne is a family. Join in and be a part of the change and the future that will bring about new ways the continent works and connects.
Job Title:Junior Transmission Operations Engineer
Reporting Line: Manager Transmission Implementation & Third Lever Support
The Jnr. TX Ops Engineer will be responsible for the day to day operations of the MainOne terrestrial network comprising of network elements such as Huawei OSN series, Dragon Wave HC & HC+ and ECI equipment within and outside Lagos metropolis
Specifically his/her responsibilities shall also include:
- Support all aspects of the network management process assuring requests, implementation, and problems are delivered as required with no impact to the global communications.
- Deploy and document changes in accordance with problem and change management process
- Participate in managing projects introduced by engineering team assuring full implementation and documentation standards are adhered to.
- Complete the projects objectives within timelines.
- Able to interpret, review and implement PDH and SDH networks designs from the core network planning team.
- Assist troubleshooting and resolution of 1st and 2nd level network related problems.
- Respond to and resolve SDH & MW networks issues within the timeframe of severity level agreements
- Review and execute RPRs (re-provision requests) on DragonWave HC+, Huawei OSN series (especially OSN3500, OSN500 & OSN8800) and ECI box (BG-20 & BG-30) platforms with minimal supervision
- Perform most effective approach to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity
- Ensure that Main One’s global and metro fiber network documentation is always accurate and up to date.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Electrical/Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- 0-3 years experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment.
- A working knowledge of microwave transmission and must have undergone a mid-level training in optical and wireless networks with focus on SDH/PDH/IP transmission standards/protocols and their applications.
- Basic understanding of quality of service and network management concepts with respect to transmission networks is a must.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian telecommunication market and/or experience working in a telecommunications environment
- Ability to interpret topography, network design maps and AutoCAD Designs
- Ability to use E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer and other signal testing tools/instrument without supervision.
- Knowledge of a vendor network management system
Demand on the job
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- May be required to travel out of station
- Maybe required to work weekends
How to Apply