Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited have been practicing Logistics business since year 2004 and was incorporated and registered in Nigeria on the 29th December, 2009 with Corporate Affair Commission.
Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Executive
- Responsible for securing new customers, and maintaining and developing existing accounts.
- Meet and exceed target set in terms of contributing and generating revenue for the department.
- Working autonomously to gain mainly new business with a variety of business sectors
- Research and development of new sales opportunities
- Implementation of new strategies to increase business growth
- Conduct and report minimum number of sales leads set by the management and transform a minimum of those into revenue generating business.
- Dedicated Sales performance against assigned target
- Selling multi-modal freight services, warehousing and logistics
- Making regular contact with your customers pro-actively to ensure that you are satisfying their needs, with a mind to develop further business opportunities
- Improving profit margins across all trade lanes.
- Develop the new clients and retain the existing clients
- Maintain records of customer details / sales visits.
- Identify potential customers and register opportunities; relentlessly pursue realization of such opportunities leading to revenue for the company.
- Regularly visit existing accounts validating our service levels and develop new revenue streams.
- Negotiate with the accounts as per price guidelines given, looking to maximize profits.
- Follow up on customer communications in a timely and professional manner.
- Support Customer Service and work closely with Operations and Documentation on the execution of customer service contracts.
- Promote the services and products of all entities, and coordinate sales efforts with other department sales.
- Assimilate market information and take part in the overall business development through weekly / monthly sales meetings.
- To respond to incoming queries and ensures the resolution of service
- Prepare and attend client meetings
- Rate negotiations
- Preparation of sales reports
- To be well aware of the local market
Key Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of degree/diploma in Sales & account management or any other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years Sales experience in Freight Forwarding / Logistics
- You must have a proven track record of selling multi-modal freight services and have a self-motivated and driven personality.
- You should ideally have a proven background within International Freight forwarding sales or general courier/logistics or haulage sales.
- Extensive knowledge of International Freight
- Project Logistics/ Off-shore Logistics experience an advantage
- Self-motivator / Aggressive / Ambitious
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office
- Ability to build strong relationships developed from working in the Freight Forwarding industry
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experienced at successfully working to and exceeding set Sales Targets
- Ability to prioritize, organize & manage time efficiently essential.
- Able to negotiate at all levels and a superb communicator, networker and closer of all type and levels of business.
- Ability to maintain internal & external professional relationships.
- Knowledge in shipping documents and custom procedures
- Good understanding on market trend and demand
Job Title: Customs Broker
- Responsible for compliance with Customs regulations in all transactions as well as broker compliance activity within the branch
- Arranging collection and deliveries of freight for both international air and ocean imports
- Handling import routing and customer service
- Monitor all processes and ensure compliance to all Federal regulations and custom duties.
- Manage air & ocean customs clearance within the branch
- Prepare customs documentation and ensure that shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the import and export of goods.
- Determine and track duties and taxes payable and process payments on behalf of client.
- Represent clients in meetings with customs officials and apply for duty refunds and tariff reclassifications.
- Coordinate transportation and storage of imported goods.
- Classify goods according to tariff coding system.
- Examine product information to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Monitor work of all import personnel and increase competency of all employees and ensure optimal level of customer services.
- Perform audits on transactions and ensure compliance to all customs brokerage transactions.
- Analyze process and design procedures to reduce operating costs for import businesses and design various improvement activities.
- Manage current work processes and initiate procedures to reduce downtime and ensure compliance to service measures.
- Coordinate with various departments and maintain compliance to all import operations.
- Prepare required documents and procedures according to customer standards and ensure compliance to service requirements.
- Manage and assist to resolve all customer queries and ensure resolution of all problems.
- Administer all processes and ensure continuous improvement to all to provide optimal level of services to customer.
- Gather and collate various commercial data and prepare required reports.
- Maintain knowledge on all industry rules and regulations and perform all custom duties.
- Knowledge in entry preparation, classifying and compiling
- Processing customer shipment billing and invoicing
- Stay up-to-date on all customs changes
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary
- Other duties as needed
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in custom brokerage
- Customs Broker’s license preferred, but not required
- Experience in the freight, air/sea import and export business.
- Operations experience in the brokerage and freight forwarding industry
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and other industry specific software.
- Must be a Licensed Customs Broker
- Customer outcome focused
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to initiate activities independently, learn and achieve results
- Investigative and problem solving skills Strong analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications via mail to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 28th February, 2017.