MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business.
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
MainOne is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Support Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Duration: 12 months Contract
Reporting Line: Senior Manager, Marketing
- The Marketing Support officer will support the team in the effective implementation of marketing strategies targeted at communicating with MainOne’s customers to increase Market penetration, customer growth, and profitability.
The specific responsibilities shall include the following:
- Assist with research, development and implementation of brand and communication strategy, standards and practices that promote the brand objectives of the company.
- Offer major support with events and sponsorships by reviewing proposals, researching on the sponsorships for viability and executing events logistics like venue set up and branding. Ensure post evaluation reports are done for all activities and submitted on time.
- Assist to develop key messages and manage all corporate communication and media communication for MainOne, including marketing information to customers, employees and other stakeholders
- Assist to develop and manage repositories of company promotional material and ensure effective updates and version control in line with changing market requirements
- Support to champion the execution of marketing campaigns targeted at current and potential MainOne customers and partners.
- Demonstrate understanding of telecoms marketing and company product knowledge.
- Assist to contribute to the total effectiveness of the company’s messaging communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas and working as a positive, engaged team member.
- Assist to ensure effective budget management by the delivery of all marketing activities within the agreed budget.
- Assist to work with agencies, 3rd party vendors and internal team members where appropriate to execute communication/event/sponsorship activities – marketing materials, advertising, customer communications, direct mail, marketing campaigns, press releases, brochures and content for trade publications, etc.
- Ensure all marketing materials undergo brand review and adhere to strict brand messaging guidelines
- Assist to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure proper messaging of company beliefs and service offerings
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other relevant field.
- 2 – 3 years’ work experience in a Marketing role.
- Experience in strategic planning, marketing and promotions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Very good planning, organisational and analytical skills
- Time management and skills & ability to work well under pressure
- Very good understanding of the telecommunications market.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Strong project management and delivery skills, with the ability to multi-task and effectively set priorities within tight deadlines.
Job Title: Deputy Data Centre Operations Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Technical – (Data Centre)
Reporting Line: Operations Manager, MainData
- The Deputy Data Centre Operations Manager (DDCOM) will assist to supervise teams of employees that support the day to day operational activities of Main One Data Centre (MODC).
- Responsibilities shall include Operations and Management of the 600 racks capacity Tier III co-location Data Center physical infrastructure and other related support functions and shall include but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate a team of engineers and technicians in the development, consolidation, support of the facility’s Data Center and remote computing facilities. Responsibilities may also extend to support of networking infrastructure technologies, engineers, and associated services
- Provide leadership and support for 24×7 Building Management Systems (BMS) and operational staff
- Ensure Right technical solutions are designed for customers working with Technical Sales, Product Specialist, DCSC & DC Ops teams
- Work with DC Service Delivery , Technical Sales, DC Operations team & DC Ops Specialist to ensure right technical solutions are designed for prospective customers
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure smooth customer on-boarding and hosting experience.
- Planning and oversight for all physical infrastructure activities affecting the datacenter and Cable Landing facilities including but not limited to power, cooling, security and fire systems.
- Ongoing technical and leadership support for activities involving Data Center services
- Responsible to Training, Development and Performance management and capacity planning of all operational and Data Centre support staff
- Ensure the development of (where and when necessary) operational processes & procedures for smooth running of the Facilities in line with best practice.
- Ensuring continuous improvement of operations processes and procedures, such that they are highly effective and applicable for relevant certifications and re-certification of the Data Centre. Communicate data center technology and strategy to all levels of the organization including business and technical partners.
- Perform resource planning, cost estimation, budget development and cost control for the entire DC & CLS Facilities
- Forecast staff needs, including coaching, motivating and developing team members Mentoring of Operational and support staff for knowledge transfer.
- Serve as the Data Center liaison with Applications teams and Management, Network, Operations/Engineering and Facilities groups
- Development and enhancement of Data Center Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) documentation and process, including emergency response, disaster recovery and physical security management
- Accountable for the access to the data centers, ensuring appropriate access control lists are maintained at each facility and reporting to management about data center access.
- Be a highly effective peer, leader, and partner within the Information Services leadership team
- Other Project engineers, OSP Engineers, Technical Project Co-ordinator, Facilities engineers, NOC Engineers
- A bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required
- ITIL V3 Certification will be an added advantage
- 5-10 years’ experience in Data Centre Business, 5 years of which must be in data Centre operations, in an open access/colocation environment
- Excellent IT Operations Process Management Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with IT Operations related project implementation and management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage 24×7 Operations support teams
- Experience working in IT Operations including operational experience Experience working in IT Operations including operational experience in Voice and Data Networking, common tools, methods, and techniques
- Proven ability to forecast and manage facilities IT infrastructure capital and operating expense budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and 27001
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN connectivity methodologies and structured cabling
- Experience with mature datacenter provisioning processes and an effective peer leader in the Information Services Team.
- Operational leadership experience and technical knowledge IP will be a significant advantage.
- Previous experience in co-location operations will be a significant advantage.
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work even at odd hours when the work demands it
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply