Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
Citibank is recruiting to fill the following graduate job positions below:
Job Title: Transaction SVS Representative 4
Job ID: 16062229
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
- Trade customers require constant updates on their transactions. They also wish to be promptly advised of changing regulations and its impact on their business.
- Trade transaction service representative is to ensure regular feedbacks is provided to trade customers, attend promptly to their inquiries and complaints and provide periodic reports of their outstanding trade transactions such as letters of credit, bills for collections and invisibles.
Following are key responsibilities of Trade Transaction SVs. Representative:
- Maintain regular proactive calls with managed clients for Nigeria Trade Operations.
- Manage day-to-day senior client contact and handling of client issues with proactive follow up with the respective Operations; Sales; Product Management teams.
- Maintain day-to-day supervision and measurement of processing performed by TCS in relation to the end-to-end processing of transactions for Trade clients.
- Place a high emphasis on controls.
- Maintain active engagement with Product, Sales and Coverage partners in relation to new customer requirements for increased revenue generation.
- Improve overall relations with our client base providing clients with one to one support tailored to their specific business and requirements thus facilitating improved feedback on client reviews and surveys.
- Liaise with EMEA Trade where applicable to provide our clients with a “best in class” service through streamlined operations delivery, innovative client solutions, clear, concise and timely responses to queries, Trade related issues and timely escalation of any issues to Operations managers.
- Provide awareness to all managed clients of tools available to them to facilitate Trade transactions.
- Handling escalations – escalate customer feedback, processing delays and errors appropriately.
- Maintain structured reporting of all inquiries and investigations handled for all managed clients on the Tracking Systems.
- Root cause analysis to be performed on all inquiries and investigations for managed clients to determine how we can further reduce the number of routine queries via automation and process enhancements.
- Develop and review metrics, and monitor mechanisms to fully gauge the health of managed clients.
- Review need for and implement Structured Standardised MIS and Scorecard reporting for distribution to managed clients for Nigeria Trade Operations.
- Implementation of Quarterly Client Service Reviews with focus on individual client scorecards.
- Monitoring of Service Levels for all managed clients to ensure Service Level Agreements are adhered to and client expectations are exceeded.
- New Client on-boarding and management. Work in partnership with Sales; Product and Technical Partners.
- Maintain pristine controls for all aspects of the TSP function to ensure effective risk management.
- First University degree from a good-rated school preferred.
- 1-2 years Trade Finance experience within a banking environment would be preferable.
- 2-5 years experience in a customer service type role in Trade Ops is essential.
- Good Macro knowledge of trade flows would be desirable.
- Fluent in English language (written and verbal).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) at all organisational levels.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and packages.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Excellent customer service skills – ability to empathise with customers.
- Execution ability.
- Ability to work well within team environment displaying willingness to help colleagues when required.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Job Title: Transaction Svs. Sr Supervisor
Job ID: 16062218
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
- Foreign exchange purchase and utilization is highly regulated in Nigeria by the Central Bank. There are mandatory regulatory reporting (daily, monthly, etc.) requirements. There are also periodic and ad hoc examinations and review by the CBN and other regulatory agencies.
- Transaction SVs. Sr. Supervisor is responsible for Regulatory reporting, coordination of monthly and surprise proofs, monitoring and supervision of MCA, oversight of the outsource service providers (TCS) and tracking of transit accounts such as Nostros, Sundries and Deferred accounts.
- His/her primary focus is to ensure accurate and timely rendition of various regulatory reports, prepare the unit for regulatory examinations and ensure effective oversight of the outsourced service provider (TCS).
The following are the specific tasks and responsibilities of the Transaction Svs. Sr. Supervisor:
- Review transactional documentation for various Trade products and processes to ensure full compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines, laws of Nigeria and/or the United States of America, Citigroup corporate policy, local procedures and international conventions.
- Ensure that updates of transaction details on business applications for various Trade products and processes by processors, supervisors and unit heads comply with Citigroup corporate policy and local procedures. Ensure that such updates are done accurately and promptly.
- Ensure that information provided to regulators, independent control, external auditors, Citigroup auditors, customers, business units and operations management is accurate and adequately representative of the degree of compliance with applicable requirements.
- Ensure proofing of internal accounts to departmental records as and at when due. Ensure that all proof exceptions are corrected and root causes fixed.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the off-shoring unit by ensuring that they deliver in line with the approved procedures and Statements Of Works (SOW).
- Ensure effective working relationship between the offshore processing unit and the branch.
- Ensure that institutional policy/local regulatory changes is communicated to the Outsource Service Provider in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership, vision and strategic direction for the department as a whole, with guidance on interpretation on all applicable policies.
- Drive continuous improvement in customer and employee satisfaction through various initiatives. Contribute to the growth and sustainability of the business portfolio.
- Ensure strategic deployment of human and other resources to achieve corporate goals.
- Maintain good rapport with representatives of customers and regulators and provide leadership in resolution of any issues that can potentially adversely impact the relationships of these parties with the bank.
- Plan and co-ordinate MCA for various Trade products and processes as and at when due. Ensure that all MCA exceptions are corrected and root causes fixed. Ensure that satisfactory MCA and IA ratings are achieved for various Trade products and processes. Ensure that CBN, NDIC and any regulatory audits are satisfactory for various Trade products/processes.
- Ensure that all accruals, amortisations, charges and fees are accurately computed as and at when due and that appropriate accounting entries are accurately passed as and at when due.
- Provide guidance and training for processors, supervisors and unit heads. Ensure appraisals, job descriptions, development summaries and goals are prepared for processors, supervisors and unit heads as and at when due. Proactively enable processors and staff to acquire and develop the necessary skills for their career development and growth. Ensure that human and other resource requirements for efficient and smooth running of Trade Operations are provided within budget limits.
- Review and update local procedures, DCFCs, MCA checklists and designations as and at when due for compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines, laws of Nigeria and/or the United States of America, Citigroup corporate policy, local procedures and international conventions.
- Provide input to the development of Trade product programmes. Support the business units on all Trade business development projects.
- Ensure optimum operational efficiency of the various Trade products/processes. Monitor all processes for optimum performance and initiate/participate in process improvement steps where necessary. Review service delivery standards in line with customer and business requirements.
- Highly frequent contact with the SCOO, Relationship Management, Legal, Financial Control, FICC, TTS Product, Treasury Operations, Ops Control Unit and Cash Management Ops. Moderate contact with various branches.
- Highly frequent contact with Central Bank of Nigeria, Nigerian Customs Service, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and customers.
- Associate’s Degree/College Diploma
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply