U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) – Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement is a five year, $19.2 million project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented through a contract with Chemonics International. Its objective is to strengthen civil society’s ability to influence the development and implementation of key democratic reforms at the national, state, and local levels. The project will support increased engagement and efficacy of civil society to be able to influence public institutions whose function it is to serve citizens interests.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Grants Assistant
- The Grants Assistant will be responsible for supporting the achievement of SACE project objectives by assisting the Strategic Activity Fund (SAF) Manager.
- The Grants Assistant will work closely with the SAF Manager to ensure adequate documentation of grants operations and that all aspects of grant practices and procedures follow sound financial management principles.
- This includes maintaining a tracker of all activities and requests, managing records – both electronically and hard copy – reviewing all grantee expenditure receipts, and working effectively in a team and maintaining high levels of confidentiality.
- The successful candidate will have OND in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field, plus at least one (1) year experience working with grants and/or subcontracts through a USAID-funded project.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations and an ability to work in a high-pressure environment are also preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, strong data management skills, attention to detail, and strong organizational and prioritization skills are essential for this post.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates in the above posts should send their applications (electronically only) to:[email protected] Applications should include a cover letter and a current curriculum vitae.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The project strongly encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, and young professionals.
- Only short-listed applicants will communicated with.
Application Deadline Friday, 23rd October, 2015.