International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
IITA seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in day to day project administrative duties
- Handling correspondence, photocopying, binding and other paperwork.
- Assist in basic financial record positing and verification on the budget
- Assist in the following up and handling purchases/ oracle requests.
- Taking minutes at project meetings.
- Such other duties, properly assigned, as may be occasioned by the exigencies of the duties by the Supervisor.
- Assist in the preparation of Travel Authorization and Cash Advance/Expense Claims for traveling arrangement of project staff.
- Assist in the preparation of requests for internal purchases and Purchases Order of office stationery and machineries.
Qualifications and Skills
- HND/B.Sc in Business Administration and other related fields with minimum of 2 (two) years’ experience in Project Administration.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Strong ability to coordinate, prioritise workload
- Good team spirit and also participate as a team member in the accomplishment of project task.
- Excellent computer skills with good grasp of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications, and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Application Deadline 10th May, 2016.