The International School of IITA – The School: Established in 1972, The International School of IITA is a private, co-educational school with children of all nationalities from the ages of 18 months to 14 years old. The School is a member of AISA and CIS and has the advantage of being situated within the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, an agricultural research station of outstanding beauty.
The International School of IITA is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Grade One Teacher, IITA International School
Ref No: DDG-PCD/G1T/IIS/01/16
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria.
Administration and Organisation:
- Assist Head with ordering books.
- Assist with co-ordination of special events e.g. Sports Day, Swimming Gala
- Assist pupils with transfer to new schools.
- Co-ordinate the Book Club order and review the book provision with the Head.
- Assist with overall appearance and ongoing maintenance of school facilities.
- Be committed to and promote academic excellence.
- To provide in-service training as required by Head.
- Act as a Grade 1 teacher, following the timetable as agreed with the Head.
- Assess, record and report on the progress of the pupils.
- Maintain a well-ordered teaching area.
- Responsibility for and participating in two afternoon clubs.
- All further requirements of a class teacher are laid down in the ‘Class Teacher’s Professional Duties’ report.
- Be responsible for the education and welfare of the assigned pupils.
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons following the programmes already in place.
- Co-ordinate the grade curriculum and use the relevant teaching methods to ensure the progression of pupil’s development.
- And any other duties as may be assigned by the Head.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in Education.
- At least three years of international teaching experience.
- Fluency in English.
Desired Qualities and Experience:
- Teaching experience in an international school and strong up to date knowledge of relevant curriculum and current learning strategies.
- Knowledge of teaching strategies needed to establish high aspirations with regard to results and behaviours.
- Ability to create a safe, nurturing and challenging learning environment that encompasses developmentally appropriate practices, establishes foundations for future growth, and engages young people in building social skills and knowledge.
The contract will be for an initial period of three years. IITA offers an internationally competitive remuneration package paid in US Dollars.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 6th February, 2016.