The Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology of the African Union Commission has the role to ensure the coordination of AU programmes on human resource development matters. It also has the mandate to promote science and technology in the continent.
The Department encourages and provides technical support to Member States in the implementation of policies and programmes in the above fields. It promotes research and publication on science and technology, promotes cooperation among Member States on education and training as well as youth participation in the integration of the continent; and acts as the Secretariat for the Scientific Council for Africa.
The Government of Iran has made scholarship offers to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students study in Iran in the 2016-2017 Academic Year.
The scholarships are intended for studies leading to the award of Masters (MSc), or Doctorate (PhD) degrees in the following Engineering, Science and Mathematics fields:
• Information and Communications Technologies
• Information Technology
• Mechanical Engineering
• Medicine and Health Sciences
• Molecular Biology
• Space Sciences
• Civil Engineering
• Computer Science (Hardware Engineering)
• Computer Science (Software Engineering)
• Electrical Engineering
• Geo Sciences (Mineral Exploration)
• Geo Sciences (Petroleum Geo Sciences)
The scholarships are open to:
All qualified African Nationals who meet the admission requirements set forth below.
Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles in Africa, especially as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
Admission Requirements for Masters Programmes
Candidates applying for MSc programmes must satisfy the following requirements:
• Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
• Maximum age of 26 years.
Candidates may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after pre-selection.
Admission Requirements for PhD Programmes
Candidates applying for PhD programmes must satisfy the following requirements:
• A Masters degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognized university
• Maximum age of 31 years.
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivations for applying. Applications must also be accompanied with the following:
• Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts, and personal details page of national passport (at least six month valid)
• Clear colored passport size photograph (3*4)
• Recommendations from 3 Professors
• Health Certificate
• Completed Application Form
• Applicants for PhD programmes are required to send in a 3 to 5 page research concept note
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected]
The Closing date for the submission of applications with all supporting documents is:
9 September 2016
Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered