GlaxoSmithKline Plc is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare.
As one of the few healthcare companies researching both medicines and vaccines for the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases – HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, we are very proud to have developed some of the leading global medicines in these fields.
Our product portfolio also includes a range of consumer brands, many of which are household names around the world, including Sensodyne, Aquafresh, Horlicks, Panadol and Tums.
GlaxoSmithKline Plc is currently recruiting for the vacant job position of an Assistant Company Secretary/Legal & Compliance Services Manager:
Job Title: Assistant Company Secretary/Legal & Compliance Services Manager
- BL; LLB
- 10 years active practice
- Prior company secretarial experience
- In house counsel in a multinational
- Relevant experience in a top commercial law firm
General Legal & compliance Advisory Services:
- Provide prompt and relevant advisory services of legal and compliance issues.
- Escalate all legal and compliance related issues that would affect the operations of the company and working with the Legal Director/Company Secretary, fashion out GSK’s responses and approach to such issues.
- Support the provision of solution –driven legal and compliance advisory services to support GSK’s growth and business activities.
- To attend meetings and represent GSK in such fora as may be required from time to time.
- Provide Legal support to GSK Pharma SSA Head Office, Accra, Ghana
- Ensure compliance with the statutory and legal requirements necessary to maintain GSK’s listings on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, SEC’s requirements and the relationship with company’s Registrars & Shareholders.
- Working with relevant owners, to promote Corporate Ethics & Compliance in line with GSK’s Policies and processes.
- Train members of staff on the Legal Mandatory trainings (Write Right, Competition Law & Corruption Prevention)
- Obtain inputs from all owners and ensure the filling, execution and filling of all returns by SEC.
- Drive the Record Retention process by liaising with all departmental champions and market champion to ensure up to date compliance with the process, ensure update of mySchedule for the market.
- Function as the archivist or oversee the archivist and ensure monitoring of document access process at the Record Centre.
- Oversee the Record Centre and organize annual clear out exercise- electronic and hard copy.
- Ensure contracts are in place for all relevant GSK relationships and Monitors existing contract renewals and regularization including stamping and registration, where necessary.
- Ensures that the contract database is maintained in conjunction with the departmental Secretary and updated from time to time
- Manages the relationship of the Company (in conjunction with the Legal Director)with solicitors and follow up on pending litigations
- Ensures that the Schedule of pending litigation is updated on a regular basis
- Attends court proceedings with external counsel as may be directed to represent GSK
- Monitor that external counsel retained by GSK attend court sessions
- File independent reports of proceedings at the court hearings.
- Submit forms and other Statutory Notices to CAC for filing and obtain certified true copies etc.
- Conduct searches at the CAC Registry.
- Maintain and update, in conjunction with the departmental Secretary, all statutory books for the GSK entities in Nigeria and their subsidiaries.
- Support the update of the global Entity Manager (GEM) Database in line with existing policies/ procedures.
- Act as Secretary at the RMCB, ETM, Board or Board Committee Meetings GSK Entities and of Subsidiaries as may be delegated by the Company Secretary from time to time and develop minutes of such meeting(s).
- Organise and ensure (in conjunction with the Legal Director) orderly conduct of General Meetings of GSK Consumer plc in compliance with statutory regulations and Companies Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Provide effective support for the management of the Company Secretariat function
- Manages the relationship of the Company with Shareholders and the Registrars
- Provide adequate support, (secretarial and logistics), develop legal opinions and presentations for the Board of Directors and Board Committees meetings of all GSK Nigeria entities and subsidiaries.
- Maintain a database on all properties and leases of GSK Nigeria
- Ensure regular renewals of all existing leases and up to date payment of statutory assessments on GSK properties.
- Carry out appropriate searches at Land registries from time to time as may be required and file reports and take extracts from such registries.
- File routine statutory notices and follow up on payments to appropriate land registries
Any other function as may be assigned by the HOD.