Gilead is a Limited Liability Pharmaceutical Company Registered in Uganda in 1999. The company has both a retail and and Import/distribution division; the former has a large network of retail outlets in Uganda.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
- Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule.
- Ensuring that the production is cost effective.
- Develop and track improvement in reduction of planned production hours.
- Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
- Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
- Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.Working out the human and material resources needed.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices.
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. Suppliers, managers.
- Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective production organization.
- Working with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals.
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Ensure coaching and development of resources to meet business’s objectives.
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers.
- Reviewing the performance of subordinates.
- Drafting a timescale for the job.
- Estimating costs and setting the quality standards.
- Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
- Ensure implementation and evolution of safety procedure.
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Production or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in production at same position in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget.
- Ability to create and manage production budgets.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, and electronic editing programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player and independent worker.
- Experience coordinating work of packers and loaders .
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Planning skills.
- Leadership skills.
- English, computer: good.
- Proven track record in managing production, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry. Experience managing the production process from beginning to end will be desired.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s/Applications to: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th June, 2016.