Gilead Pharmaceutical Limited is a Limited Liability Pharmaceutical Company Regist ered in Uganda in 1999. The company has both a retail and and Import/distribution division; the former has a large network of retail outlets in Uganda and other African countries
Gilead Pharmaceutical Limited is recruiting to fill the job positions below:
Job Title: Credit Managers
- Responsibilities and essential job functions includes but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Credit department and ensure all standards are followed
- Ensure all procedures regarding billing, collection, credit cards, inquiries, cheque cashing are followed
- Inspect all in-house accounts to ensure adherence to the companys’ credit policy; assist with the collection efforts of these accounts where necessary
- Ensure local credit policies are followed
- Review all requests for credit and approve as appropriate according to the in-house credit policies
- Communicate approval or non-approval to the appropriate managers
- Ensure proper handling of the filing systems in place according to policies and procedures
- Monitor accounts receivables as required
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a credit department required.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required.
- University/College Degree in a related discipline.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on clients needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Job Title: Production Superintendent
- Supervises a team of Operators and all Supervisors, along with their respective teams, covering the preparation and running of production batches from organizing of materials and pre-weighing
- through reacting, spraydrying, blending, mixing, packing and x-ray to delivery to the outbound warehouse.
- Ensures optimal use of all resources so as to achieve production targets.
- Investigates and attempts to solve problems that impact on quality, downtime, yield, throughput, and ensures that unresolved problems are brought to managements attention.
- Ensures compliance to all operational, quality, health & safety, good manufacturing practice and hygiene procedures as required by the company including the application of first aid in the event of an injury and the contacting of relevant leadership after hours if required due to an accident or emergency incident like power failures, flooding, etc.
- Initiates disciplinary procedures in accordance with the company disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Liases with service providers such as waste removal and laundry service providers so as to ensure continuity of site services after hours.
- Coaches and mentors Supervisors and Operators.
- Completes shift reports as required, detailing the progress of the blending operation, condition of the plant, forklifts, high reach trucks, absenteeism, any accidents or incidents, PPE compliance and
- plant cleaning.
- Responsible for being the Shiftsman on site after hours, taking full responsibility for the whole factory out of normal office hours.
- Relevant Qualification (prefer a Degree).
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a Supervisory role.
- Must be from the FMCG Food industry.
- Management experience preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CVs to: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.