Each year, a maximum of 10 scholarships can be awarded.
You have to have a bachelor degree when you submit your application.
If your country is on the LIST OF DEVELOPING COUNTRIES , you can apply for the Master Grant. If not, you will not be eligible.
- Allowance of €1000 per month.
- One-time only installation fee of €500
- Insurance (health, civil liability, repatriation)
- Yearly reimbursement of the tuition fee with a maximum of €105
Warning: in case of increased tuition fee for the master’s programme, Ghent University will only reimburse the refundable part. Fees vary according to the programme and can be up to €8000 e.g. certain Erasmus Mundus programmes.
Airline ticket and visa costs are not included in the grant.
The recommendations are based on:
- The qualifications of the applicant for the master grant (this also implies that the chances of overly qualified candidates might increase)
- There is no strict age limit, altough applicants below 40 years are preferred
- The significance of the master’s programme for the student’s country
- Validation of the knowledge in the student’s country
- The motivation of the applicant.
- The results of the first semester at Ghent University
E-Mail: [email protected]