Day Waterman College (DWC) is an impressive purpose-built school for students aged 11 – 16. DWC is in its sixth year and at full capacity will accommodate 700 students. The college currently has 480 students from Years 7-11 and this will increase to 500 in Sept 2015.
Students follow the English National Curriculum at KS3 and KS4.The magnificent 35 acre site is located in the peaceful area of Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria, and less than one hour’s drive from Lagos. Outstanding facilities and equipment are provided to support the learning environment. Students take part in a wide range of academic, sporting, cultural and self-development activities. Day Waterman College is full boarding and all staff members are expected to contribute to the co-curricular life and duties in this very busy school.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Teacher – Geography/History
- The ideal candidate for this post should have a minimum of first degree in Geography
- A minimum of 3 years experience in teaching i/GCSE /A Level with a good knowledge in History.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Qualified teacher status
- Ability to use ICT effectively
- Use ICT to raise achievement
- High quality teaching assistance to pupils of all abilities
- Collaborative teaching methods and working with colleagues in the preparation, assessment and monitoring work
- Demonstrable experience of improving student outcomes
- Experience as a form tutor and or/ pastoral work
- High quality outcomes
- Must be well organised
- Must be well presented
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work hard under pressure while maintaining a positive, professional attitude
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and work on own initiative
- Excellent creative teaching ability
- Developments in the National Curriculum
- Commitment to personal career development
- Developing differentiated schemes of work
- Understanding of different social backgrounds of pupils
- Understanding the needs of pupils and the appropriate strategies to support them
- Understand the needs of bilingual pupil
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive salary.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to download Application Form
All completed application form must be forwarded with a statement of suitability which should be no more than two (2) sides of A4. In your statement you should address your specification and send to: [email protected] &[email protected]
Note: One of the referees must be your current Head Teacher.