Resource Intermediaries Limited is a company registered in Nigeria to engage in outsourcing services. The conceptual definition of the company is “easing business burdens”, which is the fundamental reason for our existence. In living this definition, we focus on three key areas; Human Resource Recruitment & Management, Janitorial Services and Business Support Services (Legal and Company Secretarial Services, Information Technology and Finance & Accounting).
Job Title: Geographical Information Systems Officer
Education and Experience
- B.Sc in Geography graduates.
- IT savvy
- Ready to learn
Collection of geographical information:
- capturing the location of ‘assets’ using GPS (global positioning system) tools in the field, e.g. location of bridges, street lights, road barriers, flood defences and so on for private companies, government agencies and local authorities;
- desk-based data capture (digitising) to convert paper maps to GIS datasets, e.g. to record the location of telecoms cables or water pipelines from original maps.
Storage of geographical information:
- creating programs to convert GIS information from one format to another;
- developing internet applications to present GIS data and tools on corporate websites;
- using tools to join together different GIS datasets and create new information or investigate patterns, e.g. estimating the number of people potentially affected by flooding, using population growth figures and planning information to estimate increasing/decreasing demand for school capacity, or calculating the number of potential customers for a new supermarket and predicting buying patterns based on socio-economic factors.
- creating and maintaining the structures necessary for GIS data storage;
- developing the tools for loading/transferring GIS data between different systems.
- Manipulation, analysis and presentation of geographical information.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply