Lagos State Urban renewal Authority (LASURA) a parastatal under the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development came into existence 1991 by virtue of Lagos State Edict No. 7 of 1991. It was restructured from Lagos State Urban Renewal Board to reposition it 2005 vide gazette no. 25 volume 38 of 14th October,2005 with Mr. V. O. Emdin as the first General Manager.
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the General Manager Vacancy at Lagos State Urban Renewal Agency (LASURA)
Job Position: General Manager, Lagos State Urban Renewal Agency (LASURA)
- The General Manager will be responsible for the execution of the State Governments policies on Urban Renewal by providing an efficient and effective management / leadership that would facilitate increased access to basic urban services through investment in critical infrastructure.
- The General Manager would also be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the Agency.
Key Result Areas
- Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the Agency;
- Develop a robust plan for sourcing of funds from development partners for up-grading programmes in the State;
- Implement State Government policies and programmes for urban renewal in the State;
- Maximize staff performances through modern HR mechanisms of goal setting, performance appraisal, performance review and feedback;
- Develop a practical guide to designing, planning and executing city-wide slum upgrade programmes in the state.
- Formulate strategies for up to date identification, monitoring, coordination and implementation of Urban Renewal programmes in identified slum areas;
- Ensure effective and efficient management of acquired properties in urban renewal schemes;
- Develop a community relations strategy between the State Government and Community Based Organizations (CBOs) in the identified slum areas;
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Academic /Professional Qualification and a minimum of 15 years post qualification cognate experience in urban renewal.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Demonstrate ability to drive organizational values through implementation of State Government policies in Urban Renewal;
- Be capable of making critical and timely decisions;
- Be computer literate and demonstrate sufficient knowledge and ability to work with relevant geo- technology applications.
- Possess .personal integrity, an analytical mind, planning and organizing skills, an eye for essential details and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate extensive understanding of global best practice in Urban Renewal;
- Possess excellent presentation oral and written communication skills;
Terms and Conditions of Service
The successful candidate shall hold Office for a term of four (4) years, but may be re-appointed for a second and final term of four (4) years subject to satisfactory performance on such Terms and Conditions as may be specified in the Contract of Appointment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and photocopies of certificate and should be addressed to:
The Head of Service,
Office of the Head of Service,
Email: [email protected]
Application Closing Date
3rd of September, 2015.