The General Manager (“GM”) is a visible, energetic and ethical leader who serves as the Chief Operating Officer of the Club (“Club”) and has overall responsibility for the management of all operations of the Club. The GM reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for carrying out the Club’s policies, adhering to the protocols of the Club’s governance documents and modeling the behaviors of the Club’s mission and values. Further, the GM actively interfaces with the Executive Committee of the Board and the Board Committee Chairs, facilitating meetings, implementing/monitoring programs and initiatives, and providing reports on Club activities and programs.
The GM develops, maintains and promotes a management philosophy that culminates in Member satisfaction and employee engagement, while consistently achieving the mandates of the annual/long term financial and strategic plans.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Consistent track record of employment with at least seven years of senior operations leadership experience in positions of increasing responsibility in the hospitality/private club sector
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality management, or related field of study from an accredited college or university
- Management of at least 80 employees, with at least five direct reports at the director/manager level
- Expertise in service excellence and food and beverage
- Refined skill set in human resource management (training, performance management and development, employee engagement)
- Experience in a well-known Private Club, City Club, Country Club or Club based in a Luxury hotel
- Active networking relations that offer tangible benchmarking opportunities, translating into the adoption of innovative programs
- Professional certifications or designations in the private club and/or hospitality profession (e.g. CCM/CCE/CMAA?)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply