GE Global Operations is GE’s multi-functional shared services organizations focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers.
The strong partnership between Global Operations and GE Businesses creates a collaborative work culture and broadens best practice and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace. We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company. We think Big, we act as One, We deliver with Speed … so GE Works.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Global Operations Controller SSA
Job Number: 2609499
Business: GE Global Operations
Business Segment: Global Ops-Middle East & Africa
The position oversees the business activity performed by Global Ops &owns the corporate balance sheet &closing activities across SSA;responsible for managing sub-regional controllers including closing&reporting and the point of contact for the business controllers& manages the overall quality of reported financial information including the Corporate balance sheet &the business DR4s prepared by Global Ops. He/She is responsible for coordinating migrations,system implementation &key initiatives.
- Managing the Closing team activities including closing reporting and account reconciliation cycles ensuring high quality and timely delivery of financial information.
- Own the Corporate closing & reporting activities in SSA including balance sheet reviews, account reconciliation quality and representation letter submissions. The Global Ops controller is the single point of contact for the Global Corporate Controllership team.
- Become a trusted partner for the business. Understand and anticipate their needs, and help the Global Ops deliver on critical requirements. Establish oneself as the point of contact for the various business constituents
- Build and leverage strong cross functional relationships both in the center and with key business stakeholders
- Work with the business to understand the cost dynamics of the center teams and ensure that we are achieving productivity goals.
- Ensure clear and timely communication to a diverse set of stakeholders on closing, account reconciliations and other key initiatives
- Understanding and validating the quality of financial information across Corporate and DR4s related processes to confirm the accuracy of reported information.
- Understand the internal control environment across all business processes and ensure that they are designed and operating effectively
- Responsibility for providing training to the Record to Report team on accounting policies and coaching the Global Operations team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and relevant financial and leadership experience
- CPA/ ACCA qualification and Big 4 experience
- Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas.
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing.
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Good understanding of financial compliance: SOX, GAAP.
- Graduate of GE’s Financial Management Program (FMP); or Corporate Audit Staff (CAS); Experienced Financial Leadership Program (EFLP) or graduate of other financial leadership programs / CPA / ACCA
- Masters’ degree in Business Administration
- Previous GE experience strongly preferred
- Experience building up teams and processes in a multi-cultural, international environment, ideally in one of GE’s industrial businesses
- Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle, SAP, COGNOS, Business Objects, etc.), strong Excel skills, PowerPoint
- Fluency in English
- Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives while driving R2R/controllership/GE Values.
- Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows.
- Experience in a matrix environment
- Adaptable/flexible: open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply