General Electric (GE) is an American multinational conglomerate corporation incorporated in New York and headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut.
The company operates through the following segments: Energy [2013 inactive], Technology Infrastructure, Capital Finance as well as Consumer and Industrial.
Job Title: Engineering Leader Oil & Gas SSA
The Engineering Leader directs functional area of a major business segment, translates concepts, develops strategy, and implements change. In this role you will create programs responsive to external environment and participate in cross-functional business and cultural development.
PRODUCT SUPPORT OF THE INSTALLED BASE
- Responsible for the oversight of the related sciences including materials and performance
- Lead and develop quality engineering design, execution and product safety for the portfolio of GE products and services
- Provide leadership with high integrity and oversight of processes protecting Intellectual Property, Export Controlled and Strategic Technology
- Drive the development and application of consistent design practices and sharing of design best practices across the GE businesses
- Ensure a rigorous process is followed in the execution of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action of product and process issues
DEVELOP TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS: for Products/Services during the Identify phase, integrating technical solutions in to the offer during the Propose and Contract phases.
- Drive technology synergies and integration across the company
- Provide Competitive Assessment regarding the business / products
- Lead the conceptual design of the technical solution, supporting the preparation, submission, tracking and closing of quotations and proposals.
- Effectively coordinate relationships and interfaces with Commercial Operations, Application engineering and Product management to ensure timely iterations.
SERVE AS OIL&GAS TECHNICAL EXPERT IN THE GE COMMUNITY
- Serve through demonstrated technical accomplishments including holding patents, component design and systems design experience, and strong knowledge of mechanical design fundamentals
- Execute functional responsibility for the Chief Engineers, Product Safety and Technical Regulations and Standards Organizations
- point for Customer collaboration and technical innovation
- Serve as key member of the Engineering Division staff, providing guidance, leadership, mentoring and intervention, as necessary, to strengthen the discipline, quality, reliability and rigor of our engineering work
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Prior experience with New Product Development (NPI) process, Lean Principles, and management methodologies
- Strong coaching expertise and success in working across the business functions, other GE businesses, and the global teams
- Solid business acumen and customer mindset
- At least 10 additional years of technical leadership experience in a manufacturing or shop environment, including leading teams of engineers, specialists, and individuals across the business
- At least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing and/or engineering role
- Prior experience with a focus on managing technical programs and designing and developing new products related to solving product issues
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Strong oral and written communication skills Strong interpersonal and leadership skills Six Sigma training
Job Title: Construction Services Project Manager
The HPM Construction Services Project Manager will provide project management and be accountable for the delivery of turnkey construction services for the GE Healthcare HPM organization. This includes pre-order sales support and project scoping; project planning, design/layout, contractor interfacing and budgeting, submission of documentation; resource coordination and issues resolution. This project manager will work cross functionally with various teams.
- Serve as the primary liaison between GE and the customer team for turnkey construction projects
- Provide support during commercial process, including optimizing quotation and contract execution to ensure fast cycle time and high quality projects
- Work cross functionally with sales, services, and project managers while owning the project management construction and implementation process
- Facilitating and coordinating activities required to ensure projects are completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals
- Identification, escalation and resolution of issues, which might affect customer satisfaction and GE operational targets
- Maintain full regulatory compliance and other legal requirements.
- Participation in process and cost improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of project management experience, or an Associate’s degree and 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple priorities to meet scheduled completion dates and customer expectations
- Ability to multi-task, managing multiple projects and competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a matrix environment
- Ability to work effectively from a remote home office location
- Ability to work with and influence team members to achieve mutual goals
- Willingness to take a drug test
- Willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Desired Characteristics:
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Background in architecture or construction contracting
- Ability to forecast and deliver on a schedule to meet quarterly revenue targets
- Previous experience in construction or working with the building trades
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in a customer-friendly manner
- Experience with large-scale project management where deadlines where met on or ahead of schedule; construction, IT or installations experience preferred;
- Demonstrated customer service experience working in a clinical environment
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to installation teams and contractors
- Knowledge/experience with the healthcare industry and GEHC products
- Proficient in project management software such as MS Project
- Proficient with design tools such as AutoCAD & Visio
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Formal coursework in project management
- Six Sigma certification and/or experience in Lean methodology
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply