Management Systems International (MSI) is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 30-year history of helping to deliver development results across the developing world.We operate in some of the most challenging political and economic climates in the world, including Pakistan, Afghanistan, South Sudan and Iraq. MSI currently employs 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance and anti-corruption.
Job Title: Gender Specialist, Power Africa, Nigeria
Power Africa addresses one of the most pressing challenges to sustainable economic growth and development in sub Saharan Africa –access to electrical power. Launched by President Obama in June 2013, Power Africa is working with African governments, the private sector, and other partners to add more than 30,000 megawatts (MW) of cleaner, more efficient electricity generation capacity as well as increase electricity access by adding 60 million new home and business connections throughout all of sub-Saharan Africa. USAID coordinates the initiative with 11 other agencies and the National Security Council.
The Gender Specialist will lead gender technical design for all key project components, including knowledge management, performance monitoring, performance and impact evaluations, and sharing lessons learned and best practices.
** Only Nigerian citizens are eligible to apply.*
- Supervise implementation to ensure effective and culturally appropriate methods are used to capture accurate, timely and useful data from ongoing programs.
- Guide development of reports, PowerPoint presentations, on-line media, etc. to share lessons learned and best practices in women’s empowerment and gender equality for diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Minimum five (5) year’s work experience in programming for women’s development or gender with skills and abilities working with women in Nigeria or similar environment.
- Deep understanding of women’s and gender equality issues in Nigeria both at national and local levels.
- gender issues are likely to arise and plan strategically to ensure gender inclusion in activity design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Familiarity with key policies and stakeholders related to women’s and gender equality issues in Nigeria (local and international governmental and non-governmental actors).
- A substantial understanding of gender equality with knowledge of relevant international and national gender and human rights instruments, conventions and legislation is highly desirable.
- Evaluation, data collection and analytical skills required.
- Fluent English is required.
- The candidate must have an understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of gender mainstreaming strategies and methodologies and of gender dynamics and complexities and cultural issues/constraints in facilitating women’s participation in development.
- Expertise in strategic gender planning, gender analysis, gender budgeting, preparing/conducting gender impact assessments, and gender mainstreaming is highly desirable.
- S/he shall have an ability to develop and interpret monitoring results of gender-sensitive indicators.
- As a gender specialist s/he will have demonstrated experience in identifying areas where
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.