GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry – from extraction to transportation to end useOur unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work.
At GE MENAT, we are imagination at work With regional activities spanning nearly a century, GE’s presence in the Middle East, North Africa & Turkey (MENAT) comprises an exciting array of established projects across the region via strategic partnerships, investments and solutions. GE MENAT has more than 4,800 employees working in 30 offices and 35 facilities across 19 countries. GE businesses represented in the region are GE Aviation, GE Capital, GE Energy Management, GE Healthcare, GE Home & Business Solutions, GE Oil & Gas, GE Power & Water, and GE Transportation. Join us and we can make progress together, in partnership with the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Management Leadership Program (OMLP)
Job Number: 2312351
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Business Segment: OG-HQ Headquarters
- The OMLP Program Associate demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- The GE Operations Management Leadership Program combines broad exposure to core Supply Chain and Services job assignments along with formal classroom studies
- Due to the rotational nature of the Program, a member will typically complete three to four assignments over a two-year period, each approximately six to eight months in length that cut across different aspects in manufacturing processes, products and services
- Demonstrate ability to understand and apply operational and technical fundamentals in the business environment using analytical and problem solving skills
- Develop cooperation and teamwork while leading diverse groups in the development and implementation of team goals
- Generate innovative ideas and apply change best practices to ensure impact of key initiatives
- Complete Technical training in areas such as Contemporary Manufacturing, Global Supply Chain Management, American Production & Inventory Control Society (APICS) Certification, Six Sigma Quality training with Greenbelt Certification, Environmental Health & Safety
- Complete business training in topics such as Project Management, Team Leading
- Program members will also receive applicable technical and business training to compliment their rotational on-the-job training
- Domestic relocation is typically required while on program
- Typically a program member will have a supervisory, technical, sourcing and production / materials management assignment while on program
- Collaborate with Assignment Leader in setting and achieving realistic and challenging operation goals
- Plan and perform assigned tasks within the framework of areas’ schedules, budget, quality and cost constraints while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness in results
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College
- At most 1 – 3 additional years of manufacturing experience
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Outstanding academic achievements (Top 25% of class) or a minimum of a 3GPA on a 4 scale is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to coordinate many tasks concurrently
- Strong business acumen with the ability to motivate others
- Geographic flexibility and global mindset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 26th October, 2015.