GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry – from extraction to transportation to end use.
Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Sales & Customer Service Manager Oil & Gas
Job Number: 2279057
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Business Segment: OG-HQ Headquarters
- This role will be responsible for identifying, positioning and leading efforts to develop the customer portfolio, forecasting and planning opportunities, managing orders, closing sales and securing contribution margin targets for the Downhole Technology (DT) portfolio of GE Oil & Gas, within the Sub-Sahara region.
- Establish a plan for SSA to support existing customers and grow the customer portfolio by developing leads and new opportunities
- Develop and maintain a strong network with key individuals within the customer’s organization and leverage to anticipate customer’s needs as well as accurately forecast sales on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Drive appropriate processes and rigour to ensure that the opportunity pipeline is up to date and accurate in the sales funnel
- Ensure a review rhythm around closure of the assigned geographical region key deals.
- Coach the local services team to ensure quality and availability of services.
- Build and deliver a plan to improve our customer service experience
- Comply with Company Safety policies and procedures and continuously promote and satisfy all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) requirements
- Ensure that all business matters are conducted with the highest integrity and in full compliance with GE Oil & Gas policy
- As a coach, accelerate the onboarding and development of a Downhole Technology (DT) services business in the region.
- Provide technical support and guidance to clients to help them select the appropriate technology that can provide the desired services within the operating specifications
- Monitor the market and evaluate competition and customer specific strategic and operational factors to support business decisions
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Sales in the Oil & Gas industry
- Experience in running Sondex Cased Hole Logging tools with knowledge of Formation Evaluation and/or Production Logging Interpretation.
- Must be a self-starter who is driven to completion of sales orders and project execution
- Demonstrated track record of sales / business development growth in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Proven Wireline industry experience, with a Cased Hole and/or Open Hole Logging focus.
- Willingness and ability to travel 40% time across Sub Saharan Africa
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strong customer mind-set.
- High integrity.
- Process orientation and mind-set.
- Ability to prioritize multi-faceted, fast paced job tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Driven and competitive.
- Strong commercial management skills.
- Business acumen.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply