GE Nigeria works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Workshop Facility Leader
Job Number: 2294042
Location: Onne, Nigeria
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Business Segment: OG-SUBS Subsea Systems
- This is an evergreen position. We will reach out when we are ready to hire.
- The role of the Facility Leader is to ensure that the facility requirements including security, employee transportation both ex-pat and national, ex-pat accommodation, office accommodation, workshops, yard, and facility support supplies/ services are in place to allow the facility to operate on a daily basis to the expected GE standard to meet our customers’ requirements at Onne located at the FOT Free Trade Zone.
- The Facility Leader shall demonstrate clear leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for the facility and business segment. In this role he shall utilize his experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for himself and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals, such as increasing facility efficiencies and mentorship to his junior team
- Establishes and sustains a culture that promotes a safe and positive work environment
- Ensures that the facility and personnel are fully aligned that environmental, health and safety compliance standards are met and delivered to GE EHS requirements
- Identifies and encourages his direct reports to find Bullet Train initiatives aimed at making significant savings and cost reductions
- Responsible to control equipment movement costs within the facility to minimize costs.
- Responsible to lead special projects to improve Nigeria Services capabilities to meet customer requirements.
- Develops and implements procedures and systems for increasing the facility and personnel’s performance to operate in a safe and effective manner
- Responsible to prepare the annual facility budget and manage the facility expenditures accordingly including approved Capex expenditure
- Responsible to ensure we have all required licenses, certification and accreditations in place so that the facility/employees are compliant to work in Nigeria.
- Maintains care, custody, controllership, and safe operation of the ongoing operations and staff aligned to his position
- Working with the Operations Leader to develop the facility capabilities so that forecasted annual work look-ahead and quarterly targets can be met.
- Hires, evaluates, and monitors work activities of contractors / subcontractors for maintenance and repair activities for facility equipment
- Minimum of a B.Sc Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years work experience in a similar role in facilities management
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Understanding of services systems and active site operations for service requirements for Oil & Gas Subsea equipment
- Team management experience in fast-paced environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Aiming to maximize potential, increasing efficiency and cost reduction, while still maintaining an on time delivery and quality output through the facility
- Ownership and accountability for all deliverables on site, including direct reports actions
- Excellent verbal and communication skills when interfacing with senior management, and other stakeholders
- Strong management and leadership skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online