GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the “GE Store,” through which each GE business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gas is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Early Career Development Program (ECDP)
Job Number: 2417259
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Business Segment: OG-HQ Headquarters
- Early Career Develop Program-SSA is a 12month program designed to develop entry-level talent for GE businesses across Africa.
- The program purpose is to build expertise and leadership skills in specific areas of finance. The program includes classroom and online trainings.
- Candidates will undertake challenging assignments and benefit of exposure to GE senior leaders.
- As a key pipeline for future GE talent, the candidate will be required to provide support to the business in area such as financial planning, accounting services, operation analysis, controllership, forecasting, treasury, and commercial finance.
- As a controllership support, some of the task a candidate will be required to perform include account reconciliation, Statutory & GAP reporting, supporting the inventory management & Reconciliation; balance sheet variance analysis and simplification processes. in Financial planning and analysis, a candidate will be required to Collate relevant documentation required for revenue recognition; Prepare monthly/quarterly account reconciliation and ensure timely closure of open items.
- In accounting services a candidate may be required to perform tasks in order to allow the local ME (Management Entity) produce interim and annual accurate Financial Statements, in this case the candidate will be needed to organize filings in accurate and sequenced manner to allow auditors and tax authorities to inspect the accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting sciences or related field ; GPA greater than or equal 3.0/4.0 overall;
- Confident self starter who has demonstrated drive;
- Ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and work to meet deadlines
- Authorized to work in one’s country full time without restrictions;
- Must have advanced to fluent level of English;
- Ability to work in fast paced changing environment, Demonstrated team player;
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strong attention to detail ensuring timely follow-up and closure.
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills verbal, written and listening.
- Able to take on ad-hoc assignments and work flexible hours as required.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to change
- Ability to handle business sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity.
- Good organizational and efficiency skills;
- Experience working within a very busy environment where deadlines are clearly defined and must be met.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply