GE is an advanced technology, services and capital company with the scale, resources and expertise to take on the world’s toughest challenges. Dedicated to innovation in the areas of energy, health, transportation and infrastructure, we’re committed to leadership, integrity, partnership and human progress.
GE businesses ranging from Aviation, Capital, Oil & Gas, Energy Management, Power and Water, Healthcare, Transportation and Home & Business Solutions have operations on the African continent. Major locations include Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa. Over 1300 employees are working in the region, creating local partnerships and providing solutions & services that supports Africa’s infrastructure and sustainable growth. We are also dedicated to knowledge transfer, whether it is providing technical expertise to customers by hosting customer summits, to developing young local talent through unique programs such as the Early Career Development Program in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Global Operation – HR Sub Regional Leader – Africa
Job Number: 2480177
Business: GE Global Operations
Business Segment: Global Ops-Human Resources
The Global Operations -HR Sub Regional Leader is responsible for leading a team who will carry out all transactions required to support the employee’s life cycle with the organization, and playing the liaison role between the business EHRM/HRBP, GMS (where applicable), Immigration and other GE HR COE’s.
The individual will be part of the Global Operations -HR organization MENAT & SSA and is responsible for services viz: On-boarding, Off boarding, P&B processes and employee lifecycle requirements (including benefits administration), whilst adhering to local Labor Laws for the countries this role supports:
- Lead Global Operations – HR operational services such as On-boarding, Off boarding, Payroll and Benefits (processing and administration) employee lifecycle management and ensure people, structures, processes and systems are aligned to deliver key objectives efficiently and effectively.
- Be the point of contact for GE leaders, employees & suppliers – in conjunction with other GE departments.
- Deliver HR transactions to the businesses ensuring all deadlines are met and customers (HRM and employees) are satisfied with the level of service.
- Proactively establish and drive process improvements and leverage capability of the GE GMS team where needed
- Maintain high standard of accuracy and quality, taking accountability for compliance with relevant legal and GE policy requirements. With particular focus on meeting all payroll financial requirements.
- Liaise with HRM & Line Managers to keep abreast of business requirements to ensure that the Global Operations – HR operational team is resourced and trained effectively.
- Lead, develop, coach and motivate a team of Global Operations – HR operational professionals to deliver the Global Operations – HR vision across GE in the countries this role oversees.
- Support the Third Party Supplier leader in maintaining a strong relationship between GE and 3rd party suppliers e.g. P&B Vendors, Medical & Insurance vendors etc.
- Awareness of Local Employment Laws & ensure local employment norms are met. Proactively seeks input from external parties to keep the business abreast of legislative and process changes and updates.
- Understand customer requirements and meet global key performance indicators and timelines. Integrate agreed performance targets and responsibilities and carry out regular follow up and review of scorecards/metrics.
- Create a continuous improvement culture, proactively identifying processes for improvement, supporting the enterprise standards and project team in the delivery of these initiatives and driving change as well as responding to business requirements.
- A university degree preferably with Business Management or Human Resources qualification.
- Demonstrated ability to lead & motivate teams to achieve business goals
- 6+ years of Operational management and / HR management experience which at least 3 years have been at a senior level
- Effective communication & excellent people management skills are a must.
- Knowledge of Shared Services ethos and key drivers for success.
- Strong sense of customer orientation.
- Knowledge of local Labor regulations.
- Fluency in English and local language(s) is preferred
- Excellent computer operation & presentation skills.
- Relish and stimulate change – a demonstrated change agent with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Process and metrics oriented with exposure to continuous improvement principles (LEAN, Six Sigma, FastWorks etc.).
- Cheerful positive ‘can do’ attitude with ability to manage pressure creatively.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strong operations manager and leader with a track record of improving performance in transactional teams.
- Good networking skills with experience in operating in complicated matrix environment and able to build good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Tenacious, resilient, and flexible, should be capable of managing a complex and frequently changeable workload.
- Experience in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in setting up and managing KPIs’ and employee contracts.
- Understanding of HR issues is important but experience of delivering transactional services in a shared service context is key.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply