GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fuels Growth Initiative Leader
Job Number: 2455404
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Business: GE Power
Business Segment: PWR-DP Distributed Power
Postal Code: 12345-6000
- Specialty fuels based power generation is one of the business development initiatives DP’s engine solutions.
- As a business we are seeing tailwinds in this market, especially in regions like Sub Saharan Africa, Latin America.
- The Fuels Growth Initiative Leader will be responsible for developing and executing a tactical market development campaign in the local region and demonstrating success by helping grow the DP business in this segment.
As the Fuels Growth Initiative Leader, you will:
- Lead the global specialty fuels based power generation growth initiative Distributed Power’s (DP) reciprocating engines business, working closely with counterparts in marketing, sales and application engineering teams in the growth region
- Develop tailored tactical market development campaigns by working closely with sales teams in the region
- Continually track macro trends in the specialty fuels and power generation markets to ID new growth regions and any emerging market tailwinds
- Stay accountable for developing and executing a tactical market dev. campaign and demonstrate success by helping grow DP business in the specialty fuels based power generation segment
- Know how of specialty fuels, reciprocating engines and end markets, products and solutions
- Leverage digital tools to increase the effectiveness of the market development campaigns
- Build an operating rhythm in the region with regional teams and to drive initiatives, share insights and develop regional strategies
- Share standards, best practices and capabilities across the DP P&Ls and other GE businesses
- Implement and execute DP market development programs
- Build connections between marketing, sales and application engineering
- Set direction for the DP business in the area of specialty fuels based power generation
- Provide competitive insights to the business in this realm to stay ahead of the competition
- Leverage and partner with internal counterparts in marketing and application engineering to help execute select campaign elements – tools, collateral, events etc.
- Leverage and partner with external counterparts to enable overall market development campaign success – key fuel suppliers, DP distributors and customers etc.
- Provide input to and present to DP leadership at strategic business reviews and regular market dev. progress review sessions
- Represent DP in key internal and external events related to specialty fuels based power generation
- Campaign to include a broad range of themes – Analytics tools, training, digital campaigns, market analysis / targeting of end users, value prop / collateral development, financing solutions, conferences / events participation and organization etc.
- Play an active role in the campaign execution along with sales, marketing and application engineering teams in the region
- Establish a regular rhythm with sales counterparts to execute the campaign
- Travel as needed to work directly with sales and end users as part of the campaign execution phase
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial marketing and / or sales roles
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% of time in the growth region
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Fluent in English and Spanish OR local language fluency
- Demonstrated experience and success in a business development role, preferably in one of Distributed Power’s growth regions – Sub Saharan Africa, Latin America
- Knowledge of reciprocating engines and associated end markets
- Deep commercial expertise in marketing, market development / sales, preferably in the local growth region
- Ability to comprehend the big picture and translate macro trends to DP’s business strategy
- Customer focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to internal and external customer needs
- Proven coordination and influencing skills in a global environment
- Operate with the highest level of integrity and demonstrate behaviors to build trust, transparency & credibility, externally and internally
- Adaptable style / ability to pivot or persevere based on market realities
- Curious, willingness to learn quickly and continually stays abreast of trends in the global power generation and specialty fuels markets
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to interface with a variety of global cultures / audience
- Clear and tactical thinker from a market development perspective
- Ability to work collaboratively & navigate across multiple functions in a matrix organization
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Lagos, Nigeria is a possible work location for this job opening