GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Locomotive Modernization Program Manager
Job Number: 2469923
Business: GE Transportation
Business Segment: Transportation
- The Locomotive Modernization Program Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives.
- In this role you will integrate and work with the regional Services, Commercial, Product Management and Engineering teams to execute Locomotive Modernization deals across the Africa region.
- You will be accountable to drive outcomes as well as manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise and be involved in long-term planning.
- Lead in region execution of Locomotive Modernization programs from planning through final commissioning of locomotives.
- Provide leadership and supervision to assigned regional Field Services Team.
- Develop in region 3rd party Integrator capabilities; manage assigned vendor/integrator contracts and relationships.
- Responsible for overall business management duties and development of assigned Field Service team.
- Provide accurate and timely information to assigned personnel regarding salary planning, performance appraisals, career coaching and disciplinary action as required.
- Lead efforts to ensure customer service excellence for assigned customer.
- Work with in region Repair and Return vendors to drive execution on Re-manufacture scope of work.
- Participate in the development and lead the execution of the Services regional Mod strategy.
- Provide the operational leadership needed to drive contract execution and profitable service growth.
- Provide program leadership necessary to integrate the engineering, manufacturing, sourcing, servicing, revenue sharing partners, and assembly groups to assure product quality, delivery, and cost results achieve business and customer expectations.
- Actively drive the programs to achieve financial and execution targets.
- Develop / enhance Locomotive re-manufacturing processes to gain operational efficiency.
- Provide interface between customer and GE Engineering, Product management, Supply Chain and Parts Program Management teams.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Ability to travel regionally up to 50% of the time
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- At least 5 additional years experience in a manufacturing, services, or sourcing position
- At least 2 years of experience in customer interface and negotiations
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or physical science is preferred Six Sigma training is preferred
- Ability to develop and communicate program issues effectively at all organizational levels within GE
- Working knowledge of contract terms and conditions
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Detailed knowledge of production planning/control, quality systems, and manufacturing functions
- Strong business acumen, commercial savvy and customer service mindset
- Ability to manage and influence in a matrix environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply