GE Nigeria is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive, Business Development – GE Transportation Nigeria
Job Number: 2553128
Location: Lagos and Abuja
Business: GE Transportation
Business Segment: Transportation
- The Executive, Business Development will be responsible for developing and executing growth opportunities for GE Transportation in Nigeria, through collaboration with global, regional and country teams.
- The primary objective of the role is to deliver against business priorities and develop key relationships, with a focus on developing relationships with relevant Nigerian government and business stakeholders. This position reports to the CEO, GE Transportation SSA.
- Develop key strategies that enable GE Transportation as Nigeria’s development partner for rail transport
- Support sales to government related entities by helping sales teams tailor GE bids to government needs, marshaling government support and advocacy for GE’s bids, and utilizing governmental financing
- Ensure GE’s point of view is taken into account as governments and international organizations consider transportation (rail) policies, laws, and regulations.
- Accountable for identifying legislative and business risks, emerging regulation, and implement interventions to deal and minimize impact on Business.
- Accountable for developing and directing internal and external stakeholder engagement & partnerships related to government relations matters which have impact on the business
- Build GE brand and understanding of GE capabilities and domain expertise with senior government officials, partners and influencers
- Provide leadership on strategic business development opportunities that require broad internal cross functional engagement with government, customers, partners and external parties.
- Support strategic structuring and establishment of relationships, including financial and operating, to enable business opportunities for the business in country.
- Provide expert advice on the workings of the government institutions and decision-making procedures to related stakeholders.
- Graduate Degree in Business, or International Public Policy, International Law or combination thereof
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in working on country policy issues, with experience working with a global corporation or with a law or consultancy firm;
- Experience and understanding of Nigeria’s economic development; significant experience in working with senior government officials, especially in the areas of economic planning, finance, and trade.
- Demonstrated ability to think and lead on a strategic level within a complex organization
- Ability to deal effectively with people and work in diverse teams
- Ability to anticipate trends and manage risk
- Ability to identify and have access to key government and policy decision makers
- Commitment to conducting GE’s business affairs with the highest integrity, including strict adherence to applicable laws but also in a manner consistent with GE’s values, which often go beyond mere legal compliance
- Experience developing and executing an Advocacy strategy
- Previous experience in Government or regional organization would be viewed as a significant advantage. Strong relationships with government officials and influencers.
- Deep knowledge of government institutions, regulation, policies and priorities. Previous experience in the area of funding programs would be a significant advantage.
- High level of understanding of regional government decision-making process and procedures.
- High level of influencing skills combined with an ability to build excellent working relationships within a matrix environment (both cross-functionally and globally)
- Advanced communication skills – both written and verbal
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply