ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is a not for profit, non-governmental entity registered with the Nigeria Corporate Affairs Commission. It commenced operations in Nigeria in 1999, while the programmatic operations commenced in January 2000 through a Country Agreement signed with the National Planning Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
AAN is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position of Fundraising Advisor, Lagos.
- First Degree in Social Sciences, Arts or Humanities is essential.
- Master’s degree in relevant studies is desirable.
- At least 5 years minimum working experience is essential
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position in the development sector is essential
- Experience in writing fundraising proposals and reports is essential
- Ability to recognise and leverage on opportunities is essential
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills is essential
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines is essential
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills is essential
- Negotiation skills is essential
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills is essential
- A person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- The ability to develop rapport with individuals and build partnerships with large, often complex organisations
Method of Application
All interested candidates should complete the application form accessed from www.actionaid.org/nigeria by clicking on the link – ‘Jobs’. Applications should be sent in an MSWord attachment to [email protected]. Only Electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for e.g. Ibrahim, Joy: Fundraising Advisor, Lagos
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9th September 2015. While we respect all applicants, interview date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.