The Fulbright FLTA Program is sponsored by the United States Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). As part of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, the Fulbright FLTA Program is designed to develop Americans’ knowledge of foreign cultures and languages by supporting teaching assistantships in over 30 languages at hundreds of U.S. institutions of higher education.
The program offers educators from over 50 countries the opportunity to develop their professional skills and gain first-hand knowledge of the U.S., its culture and its people.
U.S. campuses enhance their teaching of languages and expose students to a true understanding of people of different nations. Like the more than 1,800 Foreign Fulbright Fellows that enter U.S. academic programs each year, Fulbright FLTAs apply to the program through the Fulbright Commission/Foundation or U.S. Embassy in their home countries.
The Institute of International Education (IIE) arranges academic placement for most Fulbright FLTA nominees and supervise participants during their stay in the United States.
To participate in the Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program (FLTA), the applicant must:
- have completed undergraduate education and hold a degree equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
Application details and grant terms for the Fulbright Program vary by country of citizenship and program.
Potential applicants should consult individual country pages for program availability and contact information or see a list of current programs.
- Kenya: http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/resources/exchange-programs.html
- Mali: http://mali.usembassy.gov/exchanges.html
- Nigeria: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/flta.html
- South Africa:http://za.usembassy.gov
- Tanzania: http://tanzania.usembassy.gov/flta.html
- Algeria: http://algiers.usembassy.gov/
- Egypt: http://www.fulbright-egypt.org/program/view_programstemplate.asp?T=4&C=5
- Libya: https://libya.usembassy.gov/fulbright_foreign_language_teaching_assistant_program3.html
- Morocco: http://www.macece.org/box-1-title/grants/grants-for-moroccans/flta-program/
- Tunisia: http://tunisia.usembassy.gov/foreign-language-teaching-assistant-program-flta.html
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage