Rue14 Studios is a company that offers children the ability to explore the arts using theatrical techniques. Our educational program is for young people between the ages of three and fourteen.
Our school operates three days a week split into groups by age, students gain confidence, self-esteem and learn to express themselves creatively. These benefits, acquired while learning the skills of performance don’t disappear when the children come off stage.
Job Title: Front Desk/Admin Assistant
Maintaining Records and Files
A typical office has its own system of filing records and important information. The front desk office assistant manages this filing system and maintains the records. In this role he/she might organize online and paper files for easy access and quick retrieval. Working with files also includes suggesting new organizing systems if needed and fulfilling file requests.
With the presence of email and texts, the management of correspondence seems to have no end. This is where the front desk assistant steps in. One of his/her duties is to manage his/her own correspondence as well as that of the school, students & teachers. A front desk office assistant will follow up on to-dos and then file the emails in appropriate categories for later.
Because the front desk office assistant is usually the first person someone sees when he steps into the office, she is responsible for managing the way visitors are greeted. The assistant should be aware of where children, teacher & the director are throughout the day so he/she can relay proper information about wait times and whereabouts. An assistant must be able to effectively balance greeting visitors with her administrative duties.
Another responsibility of a front desk office assistant is to manage the phone lines. He/she might be called upon to answer the company’s main phone line and direct calls to the proper people. While the assistant may have limited incoming calls himself, he might answer calls for co-workers who are either busy or otherwise unavailable. When this happens, the assistant will usually be responsible for supplying information, taking messages and keeping co-workers informed about the time, date and nature of calls.
Your duties are not limited to the bullet points below:
• Front desk management
• Prepare daily revenue report
• Kids Registration
• Follow up with teachers on class times
• Payment reminders, follows up on payments and outstanding
• Work Hours 9am – 6pm (M-F), 9am – 2pm (S)
• Call Electrician/Plumber etc. when need arises, keep a log of all handymen
• Welcomes guests and children in a friendly manner.
• Oversee and supervises children arrivals and departures
• Provide high level of customer service and maintain a high decorum in the day-to-day front office operations.
• Keeps a record of school needs (toiletries etc.)
• Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy (makes sure the cleaners are doing their job)
• Monthly FIRS payments
• May make bank payments
• Petty Cash responsibilities
• Good working knowledge of all Rue14 Theater activities
• Give out school location/directions
• Knowledge of payment information & Rue14 information
• Uphold strong customer service standards for greetings, phone calls, and expedient customer response.
• Knows how to use word & excel
• Be courteous and helpful in all interactions, including telephone conversations. Take complete messages in a professional manner.
• KEEP THE FRONT DESK AREA NEAT AND CLEAN
• Be alert at all times while on-duty.
• As Desk Assistants, you are exposed to many confidential materials. It is your duty to be careful with the way you are handling such materials.
• Perform opening and closing duties of physical office (lock/unlock doors, desks, etc.)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply