Inland Containers Nigeria Limited is a fully indigenous organization incorporated in February, 1980 to provide Port Services to the hinterland shipping communities in the country. The Company was born out of necessity and packaged as a veritable intervention facilitator to assist the rapid industrialization and development of the hinterland.
Freight Forwarding Manager
- Initiates and coordinates the implementation of approved Freight Forwarding Strategies, operational plans and procedures
- Develops and implements Freight Forwarding policies, procedures and requirements to deliver the target benefits and financial savings
- Prepares and presents departmental annual plans and budgets in line with corporate goals and objectives
- Coordinates and monitors all the Company’s freight forwarding operations activities in a cost effective manner
- Maintains and communicates information and implications of changes in export and import regulations and other relevant regulations; political situation; changes in competition and market trends as it may affect movements of freight forwarding operations
- Develops and manages relationships with relevant regulatory or external bodies or contacts such as Customs, NPA, Terminal Operators, SSS etc
- Negotiates and quotes competitive rates promptly for freight and customs clearance jobs for vehicles, bulk cargos or containers, imports and exports
- Amongst others
- Minimum of first degree/HND in Logistics, Purchasing and Supply or any related discipline
- MBA or related Masters degree is an advantage
- Relevant professional certification in Shipping or Maritime Operations e.g. Chartered Institute of Shipping (CIS) and membership of council for the Regulation of Freight Forwarding in Nigeria (CRFFN) is required
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in a Freight Forwarding company with at least 2/3 years in a managerial position.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and applications to: [email protected]