Freelance Language Translator (French to Hausa) Local Hire
- Position holder is expected to provide translation services of scripts or relevant video files for Hausa speaking audiences.
- Engage actively in the correct interpretation of literary meanings of terms or pronunciation of words for effective comprehension by the audiences.
- Ensure speedy and timely translation of scripts within timeframe without compromising quality.
- Carry out any related assignment that might be given to them from time to time.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Freelance Language Translator (French to Hausa)
Experience, Qualification and skills
- Three (3) or more years of script translation experience into the Hausa Language
- An education in Hausa language
- Excellent knowledge of French and Hausa languages
- Ability to translate phrases, terms and expressions in context (avoiding direct translations out of context)
- Ability to use computer based word processing programmes
- Previous work experience within structured work environment
- Ability to keep to timelines set for deliverables
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and deliver high quality written translation
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision
Method of Application
CV to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title of position applied for should be clearly stated as subject of the email
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS Friday 10th July, 2015