Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®)
Job Title: Account Payable Supervisor
Four Points by Sheraton Lagos Hotel is located on the edge of the beautiful Victoria Island, in Nigeria’s economic capital. All around this business hotel, you’ll find a host of international companies within a dynamic business district.
The hotel offers 231 deluxe rooms and Suites that are tastefully furnished. At Four Points by Sheraton Lagos Hotel, we have what you need; Great rooms. Swift service. Honest value. You also want indulgences along the way, like a Swedish massage at Your Spa and Fitness.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintains accounts payable voucher register, cash disbursement journal and supporting schedule. Keeps complete and accurate accounts payable records
- Responsible for payments to suppliers for all goods and services required by the hotel, and for all reconciliation’s of issued purchase orders, advance to suppliers and owner’s current account etc.
- To effect collections so that accounts outstanding are at a minimum and cash flow at the maximum.
- Posts all vouchers to the voucher register on a current basis.
- Prepares checks and enters them in the disbursement journal according to the payment schedule agreed between controller, purchasing and the suppliers.
- At month end, balances voucher register and disbursement journal.
- Prepares trial balance of unpaid vouchers which balances with general ledger control card.
- Balances inventory accounts with F&B control and general stores.
- Reviews and reconciles open purchase order file with purchasing on a monthly basis for a status report on undelivered items. Reconcile on monthly basis all related accounts
- Operate within Starwood and local policies guidelines.
- Maintain a good business relation with guests
- Work closely with the Front Desk, Reservations & Events and all Departments Heads
- Matches invoices received with received notes and/or purchase orders.
- Allocates costs according to the Sheraton chart of accounts.
- Checks that the detail on the invoices corresponds with that on the delivery notes and/or purchase orders.
- Checks that the department head concerned sign all invoices for services or good received direct.
- Promptly resolves all disputes with purchasing and suppliers.
- First degree holder (B.Sc. or HND holder)
- Accounting Knowledge or background.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English Language.
- Ability to take responsibility and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Honest, Hardworking and with Integrity
- Ability to work as a team
- Proactive thinking
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in international chain hotel.
- Above Average hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, WORD and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures and reports generated from the computer system.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work with minimal supervision.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply for this Position