Job Title Head, Software Unit
REPORTS TO: CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (CTO)
DIRECT REPORTS: APPLICATION SUPPORT AND DEVELOPERS
Business application users, process owners, developers
Business application vendors, external clients, and web clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To provide business applications to the business entities:
– Analyze problems and requests for changes and improvements across the business IT terrain
– Give Product technical leadership
– Develop solutions and deliver them into production.
– Peer reviews of work with other team members.
– Support of existing applications and provision of timely responses to both direct users and downstream
– Involvement with the definition of the future strategic technology solutions and systems
To provide technical support:
– Resolving problems with technology suppliers where appropriate
To proactively support and advice Business Entities on Business Services issues such as;
– Business projects
– Other business decisions
To coordinate with Technical Services & Systems Support teams.
– To provide user training and on-going user support.
– To manage Intranet and Internet content.
– Contract negotiation, problem escalation, etc.
To continuously review business direction, business processes and available applications through:
– Business needs analysis
– Determination of appropriate automated solutions, including evaluation for future releases of proprietary software.
– Participate in IT strategy planning.
– Contribute to IT budgets in a timely manner in accordance with the company planning cycle.
– Set performance targets and goals for the department in alignment with IS plans and budgets.
– Promote adherence to security policies and procedures.
– Ensure that Service Level Agreements for all services provided are prepared and in place.
– Maintain a local Software Library
– Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
– Direct, control and motivate software development staff through involvement in recruitment, retention and ongoing communication.
– Develop a high performance service culture within the IT team
– Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of business objectives and targets.
– Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled Applications team.
– Perform systems analysis and functional testing to troubleshoot application production issues as needed.
– Provide updates on work in progress, work completed, work planned, and issues potentially impacting the on time completion or quality level of work.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Information Services/Business (or equivalent)
– Certification in:
– ITIL Service Management Foundation Certification
– 10-15 years in IT and business experience
– Strong background in development, online and in solution provisioning.
– Experience with support computing
– Software development background, experience with continuous integration and testing.
– Knowledge of Technology Risk as pertains to financial product knowledge
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply