Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: INGO Forum Coordinator
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 6 months
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by:
- Supporting the coordination of INGOs in Nigeria.
- The INGO forum coordinator acts as a focal point for the information and exchanges between the INGOs and external partners, and advocates for an improvement of the humanitarian response and for development challenges to be tackled.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Convene, set agendas and chair meetings of the INGO Forum Directors, Humanitarian Managers Working Group and other technical working groups, as well as supporting wider INGO and NGO groups.
- Analyse prevailing humanitarian, socio-economic, geo-political, security situation in Nigeria.
- Prepare detailed analytical bulletins, scenarios and trend analyses and support INGOs by setting out relevant research findings and policy recommendations.
- Compile, consolidate, and contribute to forum members’ information on humanitarian, socio-economic, geo-political, military, and regional context to better inform and support the INGO humanitarian response efforts.
- Constantly work on reinforcing credibility of the INGO Forum and its Members through permanent reactivity to requests from INGO Forum Members and external partners, as well as strong commitment to improving the response for affected populations.
- Enhance engagement and mobilize Forum Members to improve coordination of activities, information sharing, creation of consortiums and partnerships.
- Serve as a focal point for the development and coordination of all INGO interagency communications.
- Support Forum working groups in Abuja and maximize coordination within sectors.
- Develop information collection, by improving Forum Members contributions and creating relationships with external partners
Does this description fit you?
- You’re an experienced humanitarian professional.
- You have a Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Studies, International Politics or another related field.
- Five to ten years professional experience in government, academia, international organisations, NGOs or journalism.
You’re a super communicator
- You are extremely capable sharing your technical knowledge, as well as the organization’s policies & procedures – both verbally and in writing.
- You are diplomatic and able to help colleagues handle difficult situations.
- You have extensive experience communicating with staff from diverse cultures and professional backgrounds. You are comfortable verbally discussing solutions in stressful situations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 30th November, 2015.