Spark & Light Nigeria Limited is a wholly indigenous company providing specialized engineering, environmental management care and protection, oil and gas services, construction and other interrelated and integrated sectors of service provision in Nigeria.
We are duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC) with incorporation number RC: 980429.
Spark & Light Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Technologist
- Leading New Product Development and/or Product Optimization through Innovation Engineering.
- Preparing samples for Cooking Instruction Development, Nutritional Calculations/ Analysis, Packaging Development etc.
- Assisting with troubleshooting manufacturing and/or product performance issues by focusing in the area of methods, materials, man power and machinery.
- Sourcing, evaluating and recommending new suppliers and materials that help generate cost savings or reduce usage.
- Organize and facilitate needed sensory evaluations and consumer taste panels. Utilize consumer insights to improve product formulation.
- Provide oral and written progress updates to stakeholders and business leaders. Must be able to clearly articulate technical product information in a format that is understandable to non-technical audiences.
- Enforce policies and procedures, including those that affect food, employee and customer safety.
- Provide technical support to Operations to resolve product related production issues by identifying root cause, develop technical solutions, and implement changes.
- Document all formulas, process development and tests which have been conducted and records results of such test according to department protocol.
- Ensure execution of fresh food merchandising plans and operational directions.
- Develop and deploy fresh food area training (regulatory compliance, sanitation and food safety protocol) is executed within the market.
- Communicate clients’ priorities to club associates and ensure objectives are met.
- Maintain accurate and effective research and development records, documentation and version control of new formulation, seasoning, and raw material evaluations.
- Build a working knowledge of all production lines and the processes involved in product manufacturing. Understand the impact of these processes on the finished product with respect to nutritional composition and regulatory compliance.
- Working closely with QA, Production teams to generate tentative and final product specs.
- Providing technical support for all internal and external customers.
- Interface with ingredient suppliers; order ingredients and request documentation.
- Prepare, package and send product samples to clients and outside laboratories for evaluation and testing.
- Work with business leaders to identify emerging trends and areas of opportunity for break through innovation.
- Facilitate and foster the ideation of possible new products with an emphasis on establishing points of difference versus competitors, high nutrition/health/wellness, food safety/quality, creativity, and passion for food.
- Consult with management and review assigned product project proposals to determine goals, time frames, funding, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Assist in writing reports, methods, protocols and make suggestions for modifications in test methods and procedures.
- Keep updated and educated on relevant news, literature and findings in the industry.
- Learn and demonstrate departmental procedures and policies
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of B.Sc/Diploma in Food Technology/Food Science or an allied science is required.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft office products which include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the applicable regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally in an integrated operating environment.
- Ability and willingness to stay current with food industry trends especially related to product development and regulatory requirements.
- Food Safety Certification a plus
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role in the food industry.
- Previous production, product development and cooking experience beneficial.
- Must have strong interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Must be organized and have the ability to prioritize.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 28th February, 2017.