Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Food & Beverage Manager Job Opening At Bolton White Hotels & Apartments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Job Ref: BWHA15/09/02 FB
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Food & Beverage Manager
- To assist the Restaurant Manager in maintaining the image of the restaurant and increasing its sales (from preparation through to service).
- Be a host and communicate with guests
- Organise the restaurant team: their tasks, schedules and information meetings
- Assist the Restaurant Manager in staff management: recruitment, training, evaluation and promotion
- Monitor customer service levels
- Ensure the quality of service and service provision
- Take full responsibility for the Restaurant during allocated shifts
- Maximise restaurant occupancy
- Organise of the restaurant team
- Increase restaurant sales
- This position manages all hourly employees in the food and beverage outlets and is responsible for assisting in the administrative tasks related to the outlets.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management/Restaurant Management preferred or equivalent experience in food & Beverage handling; Five to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience of restaurant supervision and management
- Knowledge of food service operations and a variety of styles of services.
- Management: managing priorities, the ability to listen, team motivation
- Sales ability
- Ability with figures
- Sensitivity to customers
- Able to deliver training at all levels
- Have understanding of IT issues in relation with the post
- Thoroughness: a good supervisor
- Dynamism/good relationship skills: maintaining the image of the restaurant
- This position is one of very high guest contact and position profile, as such, all established standards of excellence must be maintained at all times and every effort must be made to meet and/or exceed all guest expectations or requests.
- Must have good working knowledge of the English language – ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of Naira (Nigeria money) and weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Team management, leadership & team player, a liking for organizational work, Effective management: delivering profit center profitability Sales ability, Adaptability: coping with the diversity of guests and their needs, Thoroughness, Sensitivity to guests: good relationship skills, Spirit of initiative, financial awareness.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications and CV’s to:[email protected] or [email protected] with the job title as the subject.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned.