Michael Stevens Consulting – We are a long established and well respected multi-disciplinary management and financial consulting firm with offices in several locations across Nigeria. In furtherance of the objective of strengthening our management structure to take advantage of emerging opportunities, it has become imperative identify self managed, and very experienced individuals to meet the responsibilities inherent in the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- Coordinating the accounting operations of a member of subsidiary companies.
- Analyzing financial results of the subsidiary companies with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets.
- Financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of the subsidiary companies.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Conducting Performance Analysis of subsidiary companies.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support growth needs of subsidiary companies.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Oversee contract bookkeeper.
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller the FMCG environment.
- The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with a minimum of 12 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in the FMCG environment.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- ACA or ACCA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to:
Application Deadline 22nd September, 2016.