Adexen Recruitment Agency has been mandated by its client, a leading player in the downstream oil & gas industry, to recruit qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Reference: 1107
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Oil & Gas
- Financial Analyst maintains financial records of all Group transactions with counterparties and affiliated companies within the Group and works closely with all parties,including other group entities, to ensure that transactions of both third parties and intercompany are recorded and reconciled in a timely manner and according to established Group financial procedures and guidelines.
- The position is responsible for booking of financial transactions and the preparation of Group Monthly Business Review for submission to executive management.
- The position also handles balance sheet accounts reconciliations and transactions reconcilaition between Aspect (trading software) and Wavesoft (Accounting software) which are to be done and completed on a regular and timely manner and adjustments promptly processed in Wavesoft.
- Perform day to day processing of trade and other operations related transactions to ensure that Company books is up to date and accurate with such transactions in Wavesoft
- Processing of payment order accompanied with counterparty invoices
- Respond to counterparty queries relating to payment on submitted invoices on work done.
- Resolve/follow-up on intercompany related issues
- Receive and verify trade & other operational expenses invoices before booking.
- Verify documents for completeness and compliance with procedure and policy of the company
Daily Report & Monthly Business Review:
- Prepare daily cash and working capital position of the company for management review.
- Prepare monthly financial statements – run Trial Balance, produce Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet, prepare reports. These are to be prepared within the due dates. Ensure that before the reports are produced, the data is reviewed by you for accuracy and consistency and any errors are passed in wavesoft within the same month before reporting.
- Maintain current and up-to-date transactions files for all counterparty and manage file numbering system.
Balance sheet / Intercompany reconciliations:
- Prepare monthly analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for the company
- Perform inter-company reconciliations/reports and confirm monthly inter-company position with affiliates.
- Prepare and send out monthly inter-company schedules showing balances by each of the Group entities by 20th of the following month and follow up with them to resolve the differences and to classify them in the correct positions – trade receivables / payables, current account receivables / payables, non-consolidated entities, etc in the next closing cycle.
Corporate business Plan:
- Responsible for the coordination of the preparation, presentation and analysis of the corporate plan, budget and forecast for the business.
- Design and maintenance of MIS to collect and consolidate the financial data from all departments to produce the Budget financial accounting data requirement.
- Ensuring completion, presentation and analysis of the monthly management accounts and Executive Management reports- This includes variance analysis & KPI management.
Year and month end closings:
- Timely completion of month and year end closing tasks by due dates as set in the closing time-tables and checklists:
- Prepare monthly inter-company eliminations for financial reporting purposes.
- Control the inter-company closing process, including discrepancy resolution, journals for accruals and reversals,balance sheet reconciliations for inter-company facilities.
- Complete year end closing and prepare schedules as per audit checklists
- Review list of and pass recurring journal entries
- Initiate and process journal entries into various accounts.
- Degree in Business or Finance/Accounting education.
- ICAN/ACCA (Final level) with understanding of IFRS principles will be added advantage.
- Two years of experience in the data entry field in an ERP environment (preferably Wavsoft).
- 2-4 years experience in accounts payable and receivables and general ledger accounting preferred
- Time management skills
- Motivated and challenged by working on targets and deadlines
- customer relations skills, communication and problem solving abilities
- An individual who is reliable and responsive to customers and employees
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement and results
- Great relationship-building skills with ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and listening communications skills
- Decision making skills
- Very effective organizational skills.
- Experience in bookkeeping and computer entry
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (data manipulation, advanced formulas, pivot tables,vlookups, sumif etc.)
- Proficient with other Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with basic Crystal report writing or data querying
- Effective multi-tasker with the ability to focus on key priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Stress management skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply