Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world.
With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years and we want you to help make it happen.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Financial Analyst
- Be part of a high-functioning team where your work matters. Make a difference and join our mission. As most start-ups, we operate at lightning speed, and if you embrace it, you’ll be challenged every day.
- Position will report directly to the Finance Manager. The Financial Analyst will be assigned to all business areas as required to develop, prepare, and distribute financial information (including budgeting and financial reporting processes) and other quantitative metrics essential to strategic planning and modeling.
- Andela recently closed its third round (Series A) financing led by top VC firm and is well-capitalized. Read more at andela.com.
- Prepare and manage budget and forecasts for business units
- Update detailed operating and projections/financial models, working closely with multiple departments
- Assist in corporate finance and business development work.Perform quantitative analyses to help evaluate and implement strategic options.
- Develop KPIs and new measurements and metrics to assess business performance. Track them.
- Drive financial considerations in decision-making framework to improve business profitability and capital efficiency
- Prepare presentations for management and participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- Analyze and monitor financial and operational performance. Prepare monthly financial reports and variance analyses (actuals versus budgeted/forecasted). Review with management and department leads.
- Assist with monthly closes and coordinate with Accounting to ensure accurate financial results and reporting
- Identify trends and issues and address problems to ensure quality financial results
- BA/BS required; major in Accounting, Finance, or Business/Economics preferred
- 2+ years minimum experience in investment banking or corporate finance
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of an inter-departmental team in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Ready to embrace start-up pace with a good sense of humor
- Passion to help transform the world
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills, with deep demonstrated understanding of financial modeling and analysis tools
- Must be data-driven and take initiative in developing new measurements and metrics
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to delve into the detail as well as take a higher-level view
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply