JONAPWD’s vision is a society where equality social justice and rights of persons with disabilities are guaranteed. Its mission is to attain a society where equity social justice and rights of persons with disabilities are guaranteed through specific projects, advocacy and partnership with relevant stakeholders. JONAPWD currently has affiliated chapters in all the 36 states and the FCT Abuja. Local government chapters also exist in some states. JONAPWD’s National Secretariat, situated in the Nigerian Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, is saddled with the responsibility for the management and administration of its activities at the national level. The Secretariat coordinates all the state and local chapters, National Disability Cluster members, CSO affiliates, as well its relationship with all local and international development partners.
Job Title: Finance /Administrative Manager
JONAPWD is recruiting qualified persons to fill a key position at its National Secretariat. This position is for full time employment. All conditions of service as contained in JONAPWD’s Human Resources and Staffing Policy shall apply
- He/She shall be responsible for Management of financial accounting process of JONAPWD in line with donor requirements;
- Alignment of all programme goals with JONAPWD’s financial policies and procedures;
- He / she shall be in charge of proper documentation and in custody of employee records, donors and partners records as well as organization’s corporate records.
- He / she shall provide direct support to Senior Management Staff of JONAPWD by scheduling meetings and appointments as well as making travel arrangements.
- He/ She will be responsible for new employees’ inductions, preparation of employment packages such as policies, staff welfare, benefits as well as processing termination paperwork. And shall also assist in the planning of all JONAPWD’s events.
- Undertake any other roles and responsibilities as may be assigned by the JONAPWD Management and or the National Executive of JONAPWD from time to time.
- In-depth knowledge in Best Procurement Practice
- Review planned orders, create requisitions for items to be purchased, and manage approval process
- Monitor progress of all orders, particularly following up on orders awaiting approvals to avoid any delay
- Organize regular local market surveys and ensure the Vendor Roster and other supplier information is kept up-to-date and referenced during the procurement process
- Facilitation of financial backing for all approved program’s;
- Coordination of financial and other resource mobilization strategies and activities of JONAPWD National Secretariat;
- Play a major role in interpreting financial information;
- Coordination of all financial monitoring, evaluation and proper documentation processes.
- He / she is expected to perform both HR-specific, general administrative and secretarial support at the JONAPWDs National Secretariat
- Maintain costing data to enable budget holders have easy access or prices for budget formulation;
- Prepare timely Monthly and Quarterly financial report to donors, Monitoring and management of actual budget forecast spend on programme as against projected expenditure and plans,
- Ensuring appropriate accounting control and procedures are follows for all JONAPWD transactions in line with organization and donors requirements;
- Prepare bank reconciliation of all financial transaction for JONAPWD both project account and other administrative account and report to management the financial stability of the organization
- Management of cash flow statement for sub-grantee and ensure full compliance on obligated budget, track and monitor activities financial report.
- He/ She shall support in the management and administration of programmes, projects and activities of the national secretariat of JONAPWD.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in disability-based programme management, HR, with accounting/finance background.
- The Finance/Admin Manager must be a graduate with at least HND, a first degree, either in Accounting, Finance, Business Admin, and/or Development Studies/HR or in a management or related discipline.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Tact and diplomacy
- The ability to coordinate while working as part of the team
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Grant management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior political, community, and civic leaders as well as members of the donor and diplomatic community.
- Strong administrative skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Power point, Ms Word and accounting software such as Peachtree e.t.c.
- Appreciation for confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Interested Applicants should submit the following on or before July 20th, 2016:
(A) A one-A4 page typed application;
(B) A copy of current CV;
(C) Two letters of Reference from either former employee or officials from the NGO sector
(D) Two recent passport size photos.
- Applications must reach JONAPWD on or BEFORE WEDNESDAY JULY 20th, 2016
- No phone calls will be entertained
- Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted
- Female PWDs are strongly advised to apply.
How to Apply
All applications and inquiries should be directed to the Office of the President, National Secretariat, Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities,
Suit 104 Gambo Sawaba Block,
National Women Development Center,
Central Business District,