Arik Air is a customer-focused airline that offers consistently outstanding services to both business and leisure travellers. We have earned a reputation for providing “the best care in the air”. Industry experts have awarded us for delivering outstanding services. No airline does it in the unique Arik way.
Arik Air offers opportunities for employment in administrative, professional, technical and airline-specific disciplines, irrespective of the level or area of responsibility, each employee contributes to the growth and success of our airline. We believe that individuals score goals, but ultimately “the team wins the game”.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Vice President Finance
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage the general ledger and prepare monthly financial statements and forecasts.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly management reports.
- Enhance internal controls by ensuring that processes are in place to safeguard cash.
- Review reports to analyze projections of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of Improving the planning process as appropriate.
- Ensure that the company files timely and accurate tax returns (federal, state, county, city, sales tax, etc)
- Monitor performance of the accounting department.
- Monitor actual financial results vs. budget, highlighting key variances for management.
- Implement all necessary policies and procedures and improve our internal controls.
- Manage inter-company reporting and consolidation of accounts between them.
- Develop, recommend, implement, monitor, apply, coordinate, and manage the policies and procedures to govern the accounting and reporting for subsidiaries of the company (domestic and international).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Board.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) desirable.
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of combined accounting and finance including at least 10 years of experience with planning, compliance and reporting activities associated with a publicly held company.
- Excellent financial and business judgment skills; business acumen and ability to provide financial and business advice to all levels of Management and the Company’s Board.
- Motivated to work In a fast-paced environment, to move things forward, to meet stringent timelines, and to handle multiple demands simultaneously.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people with varying degrees of financial exposure.
- Independent and creative problem solving skills are required.
- Experience working with a multinational corporation is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of JFRS
- Demonstrate management and financial skills in dealing with all phases of business operations.
- Leadership and communications skills to supervise and mentor accounting, and other company staff.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and SAGE ERP or other ERR software comparable to Oracle etc.
- Must be able to exercise a keen awareness of the legal implications of disclosing material company information; ongoing awareness of trends In senior Management’s thinking; ongoing familiarity with both industry and company activities; and an ongoing knowledge of stock market and financial trends.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Note: Only candidates that meet the above requirements will be considered
Application Deadline 7th October, 2015.