BBC Media Action is the international development charity of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), working in over 25 countries across the world. BBC Media Action works in partnership with local media agencies, civil society organisations, and governments to achieve long term development goals. We produce creative media content to inform and engage audiences, and strengthen the media sector by building professional skills and technical capacity. BBC Media Action, the international charity arm of the BBC, is seeking talented professionals with the right experience to join our team.
Job Title: Finance Resources Officer
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or in related field.
- Considerable working experience in the Finance or Procurement department of a reputable international NGO.
- Progressive working experience in budgeting and financial management systems;
- Experience in donor funded projects;
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial ‘common sense’;
- Ability to communicate accounting and financial information clearly and concisely;
- Proven ability to manage procurement asset processes.
- Proficiency in M/S Office programmes;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Energetic and personable;
- Possess friendly and service-oriented personality;
- Maintain composure under intense pressure while working to meet deadlines;
- The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
- Analytical thinking Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Able to identify causal relationships, and construct frameworks, for problem-solving and/or development.
- Strategic thinking Can identify a vision along with the plans that need to be implemented to meet the end goal. Evaluates situations, decisions, issues, etc. in the short, medium and longer-term.
- Decision making is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decision made.
- Imagination/Creative thinking is able to transform creative ideas/impulses into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
- Planning and organisation Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
- Resilience Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Influencing and persuading Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Managing relationships and team working – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should please send in their application/cover letter with a capability statement stating their capability for the job, as well as a detailed curriculum vitae (word document please) with names and addresses of at least 2 professional referees (including their telephone, fax and email addresses) to: [email protected] with the position applied for clearly stated on the application letter.
Application Deadline: 26th May, 2015